TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys Im having a little bit of trouble I just put a used trans into a 93 mark. Got in it to start it and it doesn't crank... I figured it was the MLPS but i played with that for a while and even used 2 different ones and still nothing. The harness came from the trans that was in the junkyard so I am not sure if that could be a problem or not.

·
one in a million
148 Posts
check the starter wire going to the starter solenoid...

I broke mine when changing my transmission and had to rig it because the wire clip broke..

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
What kinda car did the trans come from???And yes check the wire going into the tab on the starter.Is your converter seated properly???

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
We definitely need to know what the new trans came out of. Did you use the Mark MLPS?

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
converter

Hello

Make sure the Torque converter is all the way into the transmission.

It is easy to miss the last input. I have even done it.

loosen the bolts to the trany. see if you can bump the engine. if she now turns you must unbolt the converter. push the trany back. set the converter all the way in, then slide the trany back in place.
I change a coupe of the bolts to longer one's so to keep engine alignment & give some room to re-seat the converter. Realign the converter studs & slide the trany to the engine. Do not pull on the studs until the trany is bolted in. Then reinstall the converter nuts. You will need to turn the engine to install the nuts.
Now you know the engine turns.

Paul

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry I was away on vacation for a week. Anyhow the Trans i put in the mark came from a 94 mark. There was no clicking or anything when turning the key the shifter in this car seems a little funky as in loose well compared to mine. Ill give the idea about loosening the trans a little a shot. Could be the starter tab because it was hanging for a week or so.

I kept playing with the shifter and linkage the entire time but nothing. The MLPS was aligned pretty well too.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
The mlps must be perfect. check the adjustment and make sure it is connected well. Check the cable adjustment as well. adjust it in neutral to the center of the N.
Alan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts