TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, this week im going to order a marauder torque converter for my 95 tbird. Now i have no clue as in how to put it in and take the old stock one out. Can some one show me a list of steps. Is it extreamly hard to do this and how long would it take. Thanks

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Hopefully you got the Mark 8 flex plate, you will need it too.

-Miller

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
you ready to lose your patience, if you don't have everything ready, like the flexplate (miller1995 said) and all the right tools and jacks

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
mn12xr7 said:
you ready to lose your patience, if you don't have everything ready, like the flexplate (miller1995 said) and all the right tools and jacks
What he said!

You WILL need a Mk8 flexplate. I was just about to install my Marauder converter, when it was discovered that I was sent THE WRONG FLEXPLATE (a stock unit was sent instead of the paid for Mark8 one).

You need new torque converter nuts (4) and the 6 crank to flexplate nuts. If you have a shop manual (pref. the big blue manual made by Ford, or a Haynes), a lot of room to work with (jack the car high off the ground and put it on jack stands), the required tools, and the thirst for Mercon V in your mouth and on your body, you should be OK.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts