TCCoA Forums banner

Help Resurrect the Thunderbird Nameplate

714 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  XR7-4.6 
#1 ·
Not sure if anyone from Ford is reading this, but vote here and see what happens! :D

Joe

#3 ·
I just voted for the Thunderbird..

I have to admit though, stylewise I'm almost afraid of what Ford would come up with..

As far as the Engine/Drivetrain goes, the options look good.. :D

Rayo..

#5 ·
It'll probably be affixed to a luxury CUV
That, I don't see happening...lol

Sticking with todays trends, stylewise it could be a little bloated though.. :zdunno:

What ever happened to making a car sleek..You don't see that much anymore..At least not from the BIG 3..

Rayo..

#6 ·
There's not a snowballs chance in hell of it happening either way, but a CUV is more probable than it being anything like an MN12 I bet!

The bloat of newer cars I blame on 3 things:

- A fat aging car buying population who cant fit into or bend into anything lower than what was considered truck height 20 years ago

- Overbearing child safety laws (pretty much why the 2 door is for all intents and purposes extinct)

- Euro safety standards trickling in due in no small part to the homoginization of international automaker assets (thank's alot Alan "one Ford" Mulally)

#7 ·
Ford could make a long wheelbase mustang, for the AU market, to base a Falcon Sedan off of. Then make a coupe off that.

I see a Fusion or Taurus Coupe, FWD/AWD being the next t-bird. Ford is already planning to put the Taurus onto the Fusion platform in the future, there is a small market for mid-size coupes like the Accord or Genesis.

#8 ·
Looks like its not happening anyway... Torino is walking away from the other contenders.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.