TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys i have a problem that only has come up recently,Between today and yesterday i have stalled twice at a stop light and once in a parking spot. But it turns right back on and drives fine. There is no check engine light coming on. i have no idea what is going on. My car idles fine most of the time and today i was playing with the car before work. The car sits and idles fine then out of nowhere it just bogs down and idles really rough. I put it in gear and there was a huffing noise from under the car where the exhaust was which makes me think my Cats are clogged. So i gave it a little rev and whiteish smoke comes out, now i know i burn a little oil but i didnt think i burned that much to smoke like that. I changed my IAC about 6 months ago so i know its not that. I am confused and i dont want to spend money at a machanic if there are major problems because i am going to do a motor swap in about a year. Thanks guys
Bryan

·
Registered
251 Posts
Try cleaning your mass airflow sensor, 5 minute job and it will cost u $5.
i cleaned both my 94 and 95 and both cars ran much better.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just cleaned my k&n cone filter 5 mins ago. It was pretty dirty. What is thr best solution to use to clean the MAF. Thanks for the advise man.

Bryan

·
Registered
871 Posts
Electronics cleaner, just spray it on and it will evaporate after 10 seconds.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ill get some tomorow, does anyone else have any suggestions what might be wrong, i just dont understand why it would just drive fine like there was nothing wrong and then when you stop it idles fine and then just starts bogging down and possibly stalls.If it was the intake it would drive crappy from the start and all the time.I keep throwing fuel injector cleaner in the car thinking it could be a fuel prob. Thanks for the help guys.

Bryan

·
Registered
871 Posts
IAC and MAF are the 2 biggest problems, there also might be a air intake/vaccume leak

·
Registered
131 Posts
if you just cleaded your K& N you more than likey put too much oil on the filter and the made your maf full of oil thats what i did . i recleaned my filter and VERY lightly oiled it the cleaned the maf and no problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts