TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well..... After replacing pins, I decided to replace the striker bolt since the bushing was worn.

The damn sinker for the bolt inside the body fell. lol so I need to know if there is a way to acces the inside of that body panel to get that peice of metal out.

Not sure what I'm going to do to replace it if I can't get the original back. That body sheet metal is probably too thing to weld a nut to. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
I'm not totally familiar with that part of the car, but could you get a strong magnet, locate the nut that fell through the body steel, and use the magnet to pull the nut back into a position where you could grab it? Just an idea...

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Matt is right. Looking at my gutted FX2, the best way to get to that nut is definitely to go in through the rear speaker hole. (I hope you have smaller hands)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Managed to gut rear interior and the small openings were large enough to grab it. I panicked thinking I'd lose that thing and hear rattling till the end of days.

Wasn't as bad as I thought. O well, picking up news seats this week anyways. Might as well leave everything the way it is now.

Thanks for the replies.

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Good deal. What seats are you getting?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just some stock grey leathers to replace my worn grease/crud filled cloth. Been kicking around the idea of buying new carpet too since I've got to take the dash apart now. Most the bulbs in my gauge cluster went out the other day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts