TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like my Bird to sound a little more aggressive. Right now it sounds like an old man's wimpmobile (no cracks about my age, now you younguns!):D. I don't have a lot of money to spend as I'm now living on a fixed income (read social security)....;) So, what's the least expensive way to get a little more "grunt" from her?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Not sure about the price (it was a Christmas gift from my Dad)...but I have true dual exhaust and Flowmaster 44's and I'm really satisfied with the sound, although I MIGHT get some hi-flow cats to replace the stock ones. I too have the 4.6

Maybe someone could post about the price, but that's my set up.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just go to a muffler shop and tell them to cut the mufflers (or are they called silencers) I did that to mine and sounds real good, and a muffler shop probably charge you 40 to 60 bucks that's probably the cheapest way.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Well When I cut my mufflers off it sounded good till I left the driveway and then it turned into a higherpitched noise with drone.So I gotta flowmaster cat back and it cleared that up for alittle bit.I eventually went with some Trueduals and an X-Pipe dumping with to dynomax mufflers and prefer that sound much better.

I still have the flowmaster cat back if you're interested.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts