TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am posting in here for hopes to get more views... Dropped my trans pan to change my filter and fluid, and this came with!

This must go somewhere, right? I'll check back periodically. But if someone can tell me where that should go, I'd really appreciate it... Thanks

·
Super Moderator
12,677 Posts
Trash can or your souvenir drawer. It's a factory shipping plug with no other purpose. You don't need to replace it anywhere.

I forget what it's called but this comes up once or twice a year....

BTW that pan is really clean.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh really? Ahhh, that's the biggest sigh of relief. I did do a trans flush by pulling the return line, added a few qts of Mercon V, then repeated a few times. It was a bit worse. In that case, I can start reassembly. Thank you very much! I probably would have found it if I didn't panic and did a search :tongue:

So that thing was just riding around my trans pan... Lol, how about that.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I knew I was going to see that. :)

·
Registered
871 Posts
Keep it incase you ever have to pull the tranny, it makes a good plug for the dipstick hole so you don't spill fluid everywhere

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
+1 it is indeed rather nice as a plug. suppose that could have something to do with that being its original purpose.

yeah, they ship the trans with that installed in the dipstick hole, then during assembly they just pop the stick in and push that plug down into the pan.

all it really says is that your trans pan has never been off. looks like it was running really good and healthy too.

just make sure you use the reusable gasket, their much much MUCH better then any of those rubber pieces of [email protected] that come in the parts store kits. filters are fine, just toss that rubber thing in the trash.

look it over for damage, if none is found reuse it, otherwise head to the local dealership and buy a new one.

also, now would be a great time to get yourself a 96+ pan and filter. they arnt susceptible to dry sump under hard cornering. 95 and down were know for slipping out of gear under hard turns when the fluid sloshed to one side and the sump sucked air into the valve body.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah, that would have been good to know about a few hours ago. I already reinstalled it with the factory 95 pan/gasket.

Seems I added a bit too much fluid, so I'll have to siphon that out. Next time I play around inside my transmission I'll do that. Which may be in the near future. I've heard a lot of good things about J-Modding it. I kind of do want my trans to last, but right now I just want it to be healthy, and hopefully take care of the vibrating on accelerating for now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts