TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
there isnt a PVC filter but the valve is located in the center of the lower intake on the back side there is a larger vac line running off of it

Josh

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know about the pcv valve but there must be a filter too, it's in the ownersmanual and at www.fram.com you can find one too. (the ba8113 from fram or the fa-1068 from motorcraft <1993 ownersguide page 330> its al little round metal tube-like thingie.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
489 Posts
is it the sme diam as the part of the pcv valve the goes into the intake? im thinking that it goes in before the pcv valve if not thers no other place i can think of it going

Josh

·
Registered
647 Posts
There is a filter, and that is the correct one. It is located beneith the PCV valve and seems like a PITA to get to...I did mine when the engine was out of the car. Take a flashlight and mirror and take a peek down there. A wire screen holds the mesh element in place (top and bottom).

A plugged filter will help lead to having oil in the TB, MAF and intake tract...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
thanks guys!!!

i found it!!! thanks man!
I got it out by putting a big screw in it and then pull the thing out.
10 min. work.
it was soooo dirty! (see it at: http://www.dtronics.net/ba_old.jpg )
fordusa parts are hard to get here in holland, i had to wait 2 months for this filter...
(FRAM) motorcraft would take even longer!

thanks everybody!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Yea...that looks about right :) I ended up cleaning mine and reusing it. It's amazing what a little carb cleaner and brake parts cleaner will do...

Anyway, glad you got it taken care of...

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Weird, i don't have that filter... Can i have had the grommit it out, and intake off, ect never seen it at all..

is it truely needed?? IE. should i be thinking of a new Grommit (which i need) and that filter??

thanks

·
Registered
970 Posts
you could have missed it i guess, it is down in under where the PCV fits. I have seen them clog up and cause problems. It's funny, i don't know if the design changed, or if it was just a fluke...but i think that the 94-95 Mustang 5.0's (same intake as an MN12) had less problems with the filter clogging up. I have replaced lots of them on pre-93 5.0L's (in mustangs) but none on an SN95. Strange...

Later,
-danimal

·
Registered
647 Posts
91 XR7 said:
Weird, i don't have that filter... Can i have had the grommit it out, and intake off, ect never seen it at all..

is it truely needed?? IE. should i be thinking of a new Grommit (which i need) and that filter??
You should have it and it is needed. In fact, I believe every Ford engine has some type if PCV filter somewhere. Replace the grommit if you need to...the filter element is way down in there...

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I swear i don't have it.. And i even looked in there, when i had the intake off a ways back when doing the head job.. Maybe it's just Really badly covered with crap..

Cuase i had the PVC valve and Gromet out at the same time.. Maybe i should try poking in there with an extra long screw and see what i come up with...

Also not all fords, my '66 comet does (289) ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts