TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...a new set of ignition keys ! My brother in law lost the keys for my cougar, and i dont have any spares. a friend of mine used to work as a repo- guy for gm financing, and he had a special keycutter, wich enabled him to cut keys on the fly. are there any out there ? or can i just bring my vin to the dealership and they could cut me one on the spot ? thanx again :)

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
This may be a legend since I never checked it out personally.... but I heard somewhere there's a code on the lock cylinder that the locksmith can use to cut a key... you'll want to ask up front what their fees are, cost me $30 to get back in my truck when I locked myself out last week. Duh.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
ford CAN cut you a new key via the VIN, but it's going to cost you, after all your going to a stealership.

I also know that repo guys have sets of master keys. since ford only uses half of the key, they have two designs per key. The ring that I saw had about 50 ford keys on it :eek:

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
IF you still have your keycode tag that came when you bought the car new, it will be decoded into 8 numbers for the keys. If the key tag is not found then it is possible to recieve the keycode by running oasis. Only managers here can get keycodes and then have them decoded. They are decoded using a large book with all of them written to it lol. Well good luck:uppoint:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts