TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
5w30 Guzzler
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for a class, i have to write a paper on how an advertisement is effective to its target audience. i chose this mustang ad:

i forgot to include that it shows the ford website and 800 number very small under the view of the back of the car.
the wheels are also turned on the front view. you can tell they are spinning. possibly that was to not only represent the mustang in action, but it kinda looks like the car is headed straight for you then turns at the last second.

i have an idea about what to do, but there is no way i can write 6 pages about this ad. i figure im supposed to analyze text meaning, text placement, color, placement of product, background, depiction of actions, ASTHETIC properties of product, the PRACTICALITY the ad represents about the product, and the MORALITY of it.
ASTHETIC, PRACTICALITY, and MORALITY is supposed to be a big part of my paper. can anyone help me out here?
god i would be so grateful...

(sorry about the 2min chicken scratch of the job i did so you could see what the ad looked like).

ANY help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
maybe there trying to say that they are stilll using some of the mustangs features that they had when they first built it? thats all the info i could give you?

·
Registered
178 Posts
heres what i get from it..

your eyes are drawn immediately to the center object, the stang. from there they are drawn to the next largest object, the title in the upper left. this is so that you notice the car, and say "hey that looks retro!" and then they comment on it being retro. then while that thought is in your head, your eyes are looking for more pics, so they head to the lower left, (again the next largest object) and you see the phone number and website.. (where you will go for more info) and you move to the closing line in the lower right. "look again" (front and rear, and urges you to take another look at the pictures.

its hard to comment on the pictures w/o seeing them.. but in my head i am envisioning a darker backround, maybe near dusk/sunset? with a mineral grey car... jsut what i am guessing :)

hope that helps some

·
5w30 Guzzler
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help.

the background is kinda brownish. looks more inside than anything with no other objects in the background. the car is a red gt convertible.

even if anyone has anything that i could BS about. whether they think it's actually effective or not...please tell.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Red, the color of passion. Bright, stands out. Also the color most often thought of when thinking of the original Mustang, which helps tie the ad together with the nostalgia bit. The wheel turn is a common theme amongst car ads actually so it doesn't look so static. The fact that it looks like it is in motion brings forth emotions of a dynamic nature, fun to drive, unable to sit still.

It's a bit hard without seeing the actual ad to read much into the colors picked (a big part of an ad usually) and other subtle design elements to help the flow from top left to bottom right (although you can plainly see the big elements they use to accomplish this.

They are of course playing on the rwd, top down excitement that is sadly missing in today's auto market.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts