TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys!

so, I bought this '68 Mustang coupe last year and did a power disc brake swap.....I cant get the spindle bearing grease caps to stay on!

Ive been through four sets :( The most recent ones are Dorman brand and have the little set dimple on the lip. I can get them to set into the opening on the hub, but when I take the car for a drive, they fall out!

WTF, bruh!

Thanks
Joseph

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Put a small amount of Loctite on that dimple , Been there done that worked like a charm .

·
Super Moderator
10,330 Posts
Or black rtv and let it cure, lol.

Hows teaching these days? :)

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The brake kit is from Master Power, I gave them a ring mad the tech guy recommended Forma Seal? Whachyall (SAT word) think? Since I'm off this week, I can work on it tomorrow morning.

Grog, I've got no complaints, there are only nine weeks left in the school year. Most of the classes are pretty good, I have a few speshul snowflakes, but they like to not show up?

Thanks
Joseph

*One of the guys on the vintage mustang forum mentioned using RTV after seating the caps...but I haven't gotten them to stay on yet?

·
Super Moderator
10,330 Posts
To get the RTV to stick, it has to be really clean; any residual grease will make it not stick.

I wish I could take the summer off; I was always jealous of my Sis, lol.

Good luck with the caps; that kind of stuff is a pain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts