TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the common places for oil leaks?leaking about a quart every couple of days...looks like it may be below the exhaust but above oil flter?to much of a mess under there i cant really tell.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is that the same thing as a oil filter cover gasket?

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Its the gasket that goes between the engine Block, and the Adapter piece for the Coolant elbow / Oil filter adapter. Common problem for 4.6 motors.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys...im gonna work on it tomorrow to see if thats the case

·
Registered
39 Posts
lozer if you would, could u put a pic of what this looks like cause i think mine is leaking from the same place thank you id really appreciate it

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Travis, check out the thread posted above you. I'll practically guarantee that's what his leak is from above the filter and below the exhaust.

My gasket was cheaper and faster from NAPA than local Ford dealer.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey guys just a little update, i replaced this gasket, at first the job seemed impossable but after workin on it it actually wasnt bad at all, took me about an hour.

this gasket was indeed the problem, after replacing it the leaking stopped which is awesome cause it was pretty much pouring out a quart or two every couple of days.

yes it was leakin from above the oil filter but just below the exhaust, thanks to everyone here i have now solved this issue, ive read this is a very common thing to happen to 4.6's.

well worth the fix not to mention the drive way is looking much better lol!

also had to put in new anti-freeze,oil and oil filter to do this job. the oil filter adapter gasket was like 6 bucks at advancedauto.

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
Time for a oil filer relocation adapter!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts