TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My dad passed away a year ago, being the only child I got the house. Anyways im going through the garage and selling some things. There is a Transmission I went to sell but I have no clue about it, what vehicle it will fit in or specs someone may want to know. Can anyone help me?
Here are some pictures of it.
Please someone tell me anything you can about what type of Transmission I have. I will be so grateful for any insight
Thank you.
Jessica

·
Administrator
1997 Thunderbird LX
8,948 Posts
Welcome Jessica!

Sorry to hear about your loss with your dad passing away. No expert, but the casting number in the sixth picture F7AP would make it a 1997ish 4R70W transmission. Someone with a better eye could see if it's for a V6 or V8 engine. :unsure:

Joe

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome Jessica!

Sorry to hear about your loss with your dad passing away. No expert, but the casting number in the sixth picture F7AP would make it a 1997ish 4R70W transmission. Someone with a better eye could see if it's for a V6 or V8 engine. :unsure:

Joe
Thanks Joe I appreciate your reply

4.6 or 5.4 pattern, the case would have a different number f it were for a 3.8/4.2 Mechanical speedometer drive on the tailshaft housing puts it pre-99, and the transmission mount looks like F150 to me
Thank you very much for the feedback.

·
Super Moderator
12,185 Posts
I've memorized a bunch of casting numbers in my jy trips, but that's not one I've seen. :)

·
Registered
656 Posts
It also has the short tail shaft.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts