TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone with an OEM 2 pedestal wing able to take a pic of the underside of the trunk lid so I can see where the bolt hole will be drilled? :D I have a very good idea already, but, this would help a lot. I did a long search of the site and couldn't find any mention of this. ThanX in advance if anyone can help!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have the same question about the OEM 3 pedestal spoiler. Where does it mount on a 96? Does anyone have a template or a detailed photo? With my luck it would end up on the hood.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Racer and Resq;

Did each of your spoilers come with the rubber gaskets? These go between the spoiler leg and the trunk lid surface.

I used those for the template, and just placed the spoiler a certain distance from the front edge of the trunk lid, and centered it left and right.

I then just drilled thru the lid, and bolted her down.

I might be able to get a picture of a stock 97 spoiler bolts later today.......

·
Registered
112 Posts
Perfect pics, I take it you had to drill out a second hole on the inner support braces for the outer mounts (wow that confused me just writting it). Mine didn't come with the ruber gaskets, so I'm off to the dealer to pic some up. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
The pictures above are of a stock factory installed 97 spoiler. This is not my car.

The mounting holes on my spoiler were a little closer to the edges of the trunk.
My spoiler was not a factory one, as I found out later on.

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
The front edge of the center leg of my spoiler was 15 3/8" from the front edge of the trunk lid (near the rear window)

I used the white T-Bird shown above to take the measurements for mounting mine.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Beautiful! ThanX for the pics, greatly appreciated!. I knew I would have to do some drilling. Funny thing is, my two legged OEM spoiler (for TBirds) just happens to be EXACTLY the same shape size, etc. of my Bro's on his 98 Cobra SVT! It'll fit and look good, just didn't know if Ford used different styles of spoilers among the Ford cars or what. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts