TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok have ing trouble with volt drops. found out that when the car is idling in park rpms are around 800-900 volts are pretty good. but when put in park rpms drop to 400-500 and volts drop. any sugestions this just started yesterday. wiuld it be the maf or something else.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
does your engine pulse ?

put the lights on, do they flicker at idle?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
another thing i was replacing some vac lines today,(didnt fix problem) but i noticed oil in the bottom vac line on the pvc valve is this normal or does it need replaced.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
another thing i was replacing some vac lines today,(didnt fix problem) but i noticed oil in the bottom vac line on the pvc valve is this normal or does it need replaced.
Not unusual, it's pulling any oil vapors from crankcase through PCV valve into intake to be burned in combustion chambers.
PCV ... "Positive Crankcase Ventalation"

Link 1

Link 2

;)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
ok have ing trouble with volt drops. found out that when the car is idling in park rpms are around 800-900 volts are pretty good. but when put in park rpms drop to 400-500 and volts drop. any sugestions this just started yesterday. wiuld it be the maf or something else.
maybe clean out the idle air control motor? Vac leaks usually cause higher idle.

·
Registered
485 Posts
So is it vac leaks cause higher idle or lower idle. I know to check for leaks with ether. But not sure if its higher or lower.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Vacuum leaks will increase the idle speed since it lets air bypass the throttle plate and IAC, but to correct this the IAC valve would just close more. If you have a larger vacuum leak, the car will barely run at idle, but will smooth out as more throttle is applied.
-Rob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts