TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a popping noise in my rear it only does it when the car is going over a bump at an angle or if i turn a sharp curve

·
Super Moderator
12,024 Posts
Probably one one of the sway bar end link bushings is shot (worn out or completely broken off). That's where I would look first.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Mine does the same thing.. ill never find it.. I've overhauled the whole rear and still has that annoying pop while the rear suspension is flexing! I have new bearings, poly bushings, spring isolators, end links, shocks, ive even replaced the toe links on the lcas! So 19tbird96 it could be easy to find.. Or never found.. Lol if anyone ever finds the answer to this.. Please tell me! I've searched and it seems that no one has really ever found an answer.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Probably one one of the sway bar end link bushings is shot (worn out or completely broken off). That's where I would look first.
I concur! I just found out that I have the same missing bushing on both sides.
I'd go with these, too. Not only did I change these on my 95 Bird, but I just changed them on a 97 Bird in the shop last week.

cobra R Thunderbird, maybe when I get up to Tally next time, I'll see if we can't track down where yours is coming from. I also had to change both inner and outer upper rear control arm bushings on mine (kept wearing out driver's side rear tire and NO, it wasn't from me spinning it).

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Sounds good to me Rick! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts