TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to know how long of a fan belt i need for my 1995 tbird 4.6L, i am by-passing the ac compressor due to sticking. my guess is anywhere from 73-75.25 inches long, but would appreciate a precise measurment from anyone who has done this before. thank you in advance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
asdf

i really need some help here fellers... i need to have this done by tomorrow by noon... pleeeeease help me out.

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Please don't post the same thing in multiple forums!

I do not have the answer but a suggestion.

Take a fexable tape measure and run it through the new belt route. Take off about 1in. to compensate for the tensioner. Go to your local auto store and get one with the measurement you came up with. Try it, if it is to big or small exhange it for something with a better fit.

Note: You want the tensioner to be as center as possible like it is with the stock belt.

You may have to troubleshoot a couple of times. You may even want to buy a few various sized belts at once and return the ones not needed.

Some others may have a better answer. But that is all I can think of since I haven't done this.

Have you tried searching? Sorry I can't help more...

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
You don't have a fan belt. Your fan is electric.

The serpentine belt is PN F8AZ-8620-AA any store should be able to crossreference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts