TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't know where to post this, because its now an issue with the exterior of the car, it was caused by the suspension, and enhanced by the tires...

Will rolling the fenders fix this? I know there are some others running just as big of tires with very similar clearances and no problems... Even with lowered cars. My car isn't lowered, and it still managed to do this on a small bump... Any ideas where to start on this??

·
Resident drifter
649 Posts
you fenders have a factory "roll". the problem is where they bent it in for strength, it is contacting your tire. you did this without even lowering your car? holy crap. make sure that your springs and shocks arent completely shot. if they are good, then you may have to cut out the pinched area where your tire is grabbing. the fender will not be as strong, so dont lean on it, but it should fix ur problem. this is what I plan on doing when I get 18x9s. I am running 17x7s right now with 215/50s. my car is lowered 3 inches and I have not experienced this, so my first thing would be to make sure ur suspension is ok, then do the other stuff.

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Now I know what the sh*t was for on MSN... Damn dude is that front or back? The only thing I can think of is the suspension. Too much travel. Dont worry about it, I'll bring some stuff and we'll roll your fenders this weekend too.

-Joel

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thos are the front wheels.

Looks like I'll be putting the stocker's back on and running staggered again for another week :(

So say its the suspension... Think the Moog UCA is giving it a nagative camber when I hit dips in the road? I think m ****ty springs are adding to the situation as it is traveling around 6 inches when it shouldn't be.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want my 18s back :(

Put the 15s on, and now the damned thing pulls to the right. I'm going to try and swap tires and see if its them, or if I messed something up while changing tires.....

(sorry, felt like moaning)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts