TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its the gerber cooltool.

its used for bikes to repair chains.

the adjustable wrench part is very narrow and wroks perfectly to get all the throw possible with each turn. This works better than crow feet and fitting wrenches. the handle is a stubby and when that small black park is removed you have a notch in the handle that clears the upper metal lip of the K itself.

this tool almost makes the job easy.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Good find! With all the complaints about replacing the rack, I'm surprised more people weren't excited to see this.

Stephen

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was this tool that ultimately did the trick of removing the last 2 fittings after trying various crow feet and swivel ratchets for a couple hours. Putting the rack back in was done in less than an hour by myself with this single tool getting all 4 fittings. This got on those fitting just barely good enough to just hammer them out without much trouble. Its still kinda slow going but this tool will get all four fittings so your skill is the only limit of getting this done quick. You can easily adjust the wrench to meet your needs for any clearance. The best part is that notch in the handle it just clears the upper lip your encounter when working on the fittings. So you get a lot of throw in this more than anything else I tried. So I'd figure if I ever did a rack again this is THE tool to buy and make this job as easy as possible. This was better than discovering wobble sockets LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts