TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Those things use crazy long exhaust rockers.

And its always annoyed me to see these exotic/ hard core/ high hp motors wearing ac pumps. Anyone driving a vehicle worthy of one of these mills needs to man-up and just roll the window down.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,362 Posts
Nature of the beast, the original Chrysler Hemis were the same way, as were the Boss 429s, which were Hemis in all but name.

And amen. Supposed manly men who pronounce it HEMEH, can't handle heat? Or for that matter use their alleged manly men muscles to turn a manual steering wheel? Bet they have one of those wussy universal armrest/cup holder consoles in their classic cars they'd put this engine into too.

·
Super Moderator
10,926 Posts
I like my C-type Hemi Heads, lol.

I swear I'm putting that on the valvecover. >:)

·
Super Moderator
10,926 Posts
Two Cams sitting on top looks Way better than those Looong rockers too. :)

These are B heads, but they're purdy...

Adding .1" of lift is also easier and more area than adding to those those huge valves, lol.

I wish I could get Lexan valvecovers... Of course, Then I'd have to find some really clear oil, and change it a lot. :grin2:

·
Super Moderator
10,926 Posts
Holy ****, Batman!!

Who made those? The round edges/profile make me think Cosworth for some reason.

I wonder what kind of life you get out of those rocker assemblies? Note the adjustment...

I see they also had the plexiglass valvecover idea, lol.

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,362 Posts
I just found out about them myself, but apparently they were briefly available from Ford Motorsport before the Modular 32V debuted. I assume it's an in house design. Sexy as hell, I wonder if it pre dates the Ford Lightning, because that tubular upper intake seems to be the same, and the fins match the valve covers.

I agree about the rockers. What looks scary to me is that they look to be cast aluminum, the exhaust rockers in particular look flimsy, I could just visualize them cracking where the "rod" portion of the rocker attaches the way synchro forks do in transmissions.

·
Super Moderator
10,926 Posts
... What looks scary to me is that they look to be cast aluminum, the exhaust rockers in particular look flimsy, I could just visualize them cracking where the "rod" portion of the rocker attaches the way synchro forks do in transmissions.
Exactly!

It looks to me like spring pressure is holding it on a spherical type bearing.

There's also a rocker assembly that converts the up/down of the pusher to a flapper motion on the valves.

I can see them going right thru the side of the casting at high rpms. :)

If I get a chance, I'll look for carnage pix later. :)

I saw the Ford Racing stuff in the background; I guess I missed those when they were around.

·
50 years of Mercury Cougar 1967/2017
1,266 Posts
Its very inexpensive to build, no matter what ford does with the modular engine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts