TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tell me if this is theoretically possible...
low-mileage 5.4 longblock with PI heads (no idea how exhaust would work), new PI intake(don't know if it will fit), with GT TB, and intake tube, Lightning MAF spliced in, and a Dennis chip/dyno tune for peak performance. :(
It seems like if it would work, I could reach the 350 ft.lbs of torque and 260 crank horsepower mark! right?????

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hahaha! I never assumed I could use those tunnel ram truck intakes! That would look silly sticking out of my hood! haaahaahaa!:D I was trying to get some ideas for a suitable reverse-runner style intake.
Think we could make spacers? or what is the problem with a 4.6 intake?

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
Reichard Racing Billet 4.6 to 5.4 4V Adapter Plates
Now you can use your 4.6 Mustang manifold on your 5.4 and add only 1 inch of height

Can be used in Mustang and in Lightning applications but 5.4's are still ghey unless you drive a truck

$375.00 SRP

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
gotta love supply and demand, funny how those are cheaper than the adapter plater for PI Intake to NPI heads....

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmmm, I had no idea that 5.4s were ghey! Maybe we should send them out to San Fran to get hitched with the other ghey truck motors!:tongue:
aside- just kidding, I dont believe in it. (no flames please)

·
Registered
56 Posts
i think you all should stop hating how do you think hopping up cars an hot rodding was started by putting things were they dont belongand im not being ghey

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
Blah.

<-----302 RWHP NA 4.6 2V. Bring it on 5.4 boys.

·
Registered
491 Posts
:uppoint: owned on that one.Well noted, and the pink is a nice touch.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
lol. putting in a 5.4L to make more power is going about it the wrong way. If you want gobs of torque, go ahead, but the 4.6L is a pretty torquey motor for only 4.6L. The way to more power is RPMs, and going to a longer stoke is going the wrong direction.

If your after power, a big-bore motor would be the way to increase displacement. That or the next best thing, a "power adder".

However, there are many gains to be found while staying at the stock displacement and without power adders. KD and JL are two very good examples of that. 250rwhp is not that hard to find, even on stock compression and pump gas.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The only reason I think about the 5.4 is that I want to get the same power level as a 5.4 on the cheap; At least to that torque level. I know that a PI swap will get me the 260hp. I don't really think 350lb.ft. from a 4.6 is gonna be possible without a blower. wrong?:cool:

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Jealous? said:
The only reason I think about the 5.4 is that I want to get the same power level as a 5.4 on the cheap; At least to that torque level. I know that a PI swap will get me the 260hp. I don't really think 350lb.ft. from a 4.6 is gonna be possible without a blower. wrong?:cool:
you could see upper 200s or low 300s from an NA 4.6L, add a 50 shot of N2O (very reasonable even with a stock block) and your there easy.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I guess the guys with the cobra Rs are ghay! Ford found the power there but since we have MN12s we must not be COOL enough for the rest of the world when we want the 5.4 touch.:leftright

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
kdanner said:
<-----302 RWHP NA 4.6 2V. Bring it on 5.4 boys.
A few years ago Brian (aka v8thunder) made what some people here said was an impossible 309 RWHP at 419 lb TQ with his NA 5.4L. I am not one to count but it looks like his NA 2V 5.4L has 7 HP on you. :D

1 - 20 of 59 Posts