TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way home from work just before one in the morning. Doing a casual 65 in the left lane with the cruise on. I see a car gaining on me, I mean really gaining on me. Ok, now he just passed me like I was standing still. He jumped into my lane and almost ended up hitting a car that was in front, that was changing lanes at the time. He passed that car on the left with no more than 6-8 inches between the cars at way over 100mph. It was a lowered VW golf. He's gone out of sight, and people are starting to slow down for some reason, some are slamming on their brakes and I get into the middle lane, trying to avoid hitting a smashed up car that is sitting in the middle of the left lane, perpendicular to traffic flow. After I drive over some debris, I see another car in the right lane that was hit pretty bad as well. And finally, our man of the hour is smashed against the divider with his wheels turned all the way to the left, sitting all beat up and smoking from under the hood. Boy, it looked like a bawling alley or something. Cars were shuffled left and right. I only noticed 2 or 3 cars that were hit, but there were plenty more already pulling off to the side of the road as I was passing the scence. Nothing more to say here...

Jim

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Wow. They should issue an IQ test with a driver's liscense renewal request. Any news about any of the other people?

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
That's why people shouldnt be STUPID on crowded public highways... glad to hear you made it through ok.

Tom

·
Registered
239 Posts
He kinda got what was coming to him, in a way he was askin for it,

i just wish he had not ****ed up all those other people

i hope he gets slapped with a law suit or somethin,

its one thing to go fast, its another to take other's people's life in your hands

tony

·
Registered
204 Posts
A couple months ago, I'm running down the interstate and I notice a car WAY behind me gaining on me VERY quickly. I'm doing about 80 (wasnt paying attention). The car absolutely blew past me like I was in reverse... he had to have been doing over 140 MPH.

So I'm just like WOW and keep up my pace as we're approaching a bridge and just after the bridge are several highway interchanges, including a ramp that is an overpass. I notice in my rear-view SEVERAL flashing lights, and THEY blow by me too, one on a bike.

As I come over the bridge, what looked like a quick plume of smoke. Turns out, the State Troopers had blocked off the road, he slammed the brakes and dived for the off-ramp, missed and hit those yellow barrels full of peat gravel. That "smoke" I noticed was that gravel exploding all over the place, it toss that stuff up onto the overpass and at least 75-100 yards down the offramp. The barrels saved their lives.... they deflected him enough that the passenger side of the car scraped down the pillar of the over-pass.

As I pull up, I see barrel fragments and gravel everwhere, and about four troopers holding guns on two passengers who are out of the car now, sitting on the ground. A girl who's covered in blood and a dude that's cut up.... and a guy is still in the front passenger seat, stuck and bloody. The driver somehow managed to jump out and run... helicopter, canine-units and a lot of State Troopers finally ran him down. I knew one of the troopers so I got to walk up and see the mess... WOW.

·
Registered
552 Posts
But you and your car are ok Jim?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, I'm okay. I was about 5 or 6 cars behind the accident. Thankfully, the worst thing was driving over the debris that were scattered all around. I called the State Police and was on my way. Thanks for your concern.

Jim

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
You can be the most intelligent person, and still be a F'in moron behind the wheel.

I had a BMW try to do that to me once...but it was summer and I was in my SHO (no limiter). I managed to get uptot his speed shortly after he passed me (I was 2 car lengths behind) and then about a half mile later, there was a U turn while cops like to hide. I slammed on the brakes, and quickly got down to 80mph. He went on his merry way, not even wondering why I slowed. Then he goes flying by a cop at 130mph. I was surprized when he pulled over.

·
Listening on 141.850 mHz!
829 Posts
Sounds like a severe case of....

.... D.W.H.U.A. which stands for "Driving With Head Up As*".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts