TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got backed into by a large Ram van with a steel bumper today. Here's the damage:

I won't be able to get an estimate until monday, but it's not my fault and the bumper cover, header panel, right quarter and hood are obviously trashed.

·
Registered
653 Posts
lightevergreenfrost said:
Wow that sucks. I hear pearl paint is a PITA to blend of match. Looks like a fender, bumper, header panel, corner light, headlight, etc.

I can vouch for that. It took them a long time to repaint my old Bird after I got smashed by a Chevy Silverado. Why are so many trucks attacking our Birds?

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
Hood looks repairable, same with the fender and maybe the bumper. Gonna need a new headlight and corner light with the header panel. Not much damage, very easilly fixable! I would go with a new hood.. like something with a cowl or scoop =)

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
AnthraxBird said:
Hood looks repairable, same with the fender and maybe the bumper. Gonna need a new headlight and corner light with the header panel. Not much damage, very easilly fixable! I would go with a new hood.. like something with a cowl or scoop =)
It's not his fault that there is damage so he has the right to get new parts or a check that would cover new parts for him to fix it as he sees fit. Already found him a hood and fender if he decides to go that direction but I still personally like the idea of a fiberglass stock looking hood from VFN.

-Miller

·
Registered
443 Posts
A few years ago someone backed into the front of my cousins 96 t-bird like that. the hood and fender was repaired but needed a new radiator support. I think the estimate was around $2500.

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
I had both of my doors painted, some body work, and they blended the quarter panels and such... from Cars collision here where I live... the bill was 1500 with 2 new plastic trim pieces (97.. =P) It shouldn't be too much.

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I got a quote from my local body shop to the tune of $3100. That includes a salvage hood, bumper, fender and repainting the hood, bumper, right fender along with some blending. Supposedly the car in good condition is only worth $3000, so I'll see what the opposing insurance company says.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I was afraid of that. Insurance co. love t-birds. They give us low rates because they are "safe" cars but love to total them out for minimal damage.

Hope it all gets resolved. thats MUCH too nice a car to be totalled!

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Look around some more. Its NOT a "Sports" car. Its a 2-door coupe, and it has one of the highest safety ratings for its type.

Of course, you're 19 also................ I paid through the nose when I was 19.

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SVT2888 said:
Embalmer what insurance do you have and what insurance does the person who hit you have?
I've got State Farm and they have Pekin Insurance.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I've always had State Farm, and I only paid $128/month for full-coverage when I was 19. And when my car got hit, it's damage was nearly $4,000 (frame damage included) and they still repaired it completely. Of course, the old guy that hit me in his truck had Allstate, dunno if that matters since it was his insurance that paid for it.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts