TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two things...

1. Hesitation. For some reason, on a 4-3 upshift, my transmission likes to "hang up" around 2300RPM, if I give it more gas to kick it up to second it lets go, or if I let it rise to about 2750. It seems like something is getting stuck inside. It's had 185,000 on Mercon with regular fluid changes, but nobody ever switched it to Mercon V (I plan to).

2. J-Mod. Does anyone still sell the J-Mod kits? I don't really feel like tracking down parts at 4 different dealers, I've already got to go out and buy a new drill, some bits, a new socket set, and an inch-pound torque wrench (my landlord stole my tools).. I'd rather just buy a kit with a pre-drilled separator plate.

·
Registered
456 Posts
There is no JMOD "kit" per-se.
max at fivestar ford sells everything you need. I believe this Dan newman guy does too, although i have never dealt with him. I just see his name everywhere.

basically, 1-2 accum-piston, 1-2 upper spring, 1-2 lower spring(if so desired), 2-3 accum-piston, 2-3 spring(if so desired) 2 separator plate gasgets, new pan(deeper 96+) if needed, new filter, 1 case(plus 2 extra qts incase you spill) Mercon V.

then, get a tranny cooler...with that kind of mileage, it might be too late though.

I called max at fivestarford for my JMOD kit...he head everything in stock, and it cost me $112 including freight for all the shift accum, tranny pan, new pan gasget9didnt know i didnt need one), and filter.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Blackicelsc said:
...this Dan newman guy...
:rolleyes:

Dan is just PREFERRED VENDOR FOR FORD PARTS ON TCCOA!!

Yes, you will have to do the legwork for your jmod. You can't just ask for all the parts for the jmod. There are different settings and you also have to decide if you wanna do the servo's also. Search and learn.

·
8,239 Posts
sounds like you have a 94 transmission on its last leg, and you want to put a performance shift kit on it. If its already slipping then its done. Remove the trans and install a late model trans and modify that one to Jerry's specs. A 94 4r70w is not even worth getting your hands dirty.

JH

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<-- douchebag

It was low on fluid....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts