TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What s up guys..i have a problem..i just bought a 1990 xr7 SC...and when it hits 2500 rpm it hesitates to go any hire..i still go faster but the rpms don't go higher than 2500..and if i try to make it go any higer the car starts to jerk..and it does change gears just at 2500..what do u think the problem is???:confused:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Some things to check..............

Try cleaning your MAF ( I believe 1990 has MAF ) first off that might address the jerking. As for the RPM not rising, with the car in park if you rev the engine does the RPM go above 2500? If not hook up a tach reader to get a true RPM reading, it could be your gauge or the sendor.

Check the fluid quantity of your tranny in park with the engine running, does the fluid smell burned? What color is it? Whens the last time you had it flushed and the filter changed? With ignition off have a look at the throttle valve ( TV ) linkage at the throttle body, is it worn or loose/damaged? Crawl under the car on the drivers side and look at the TV linkage attachment to the upper lever, is it worn or loose/damaged? How about the lower lever and its shifter linkage? Have someone step on the pedal while you observe their movment. Hope this helps.

Chris....................

Redrum795 said:
What s up guys..i have a problem..i just bought a 1990 xr7 SC...and when it hits 2500 rpm it hesitates to go any hire..i still go faster but the rpms don't go higher than 2500..and if i try to make it go any higer the car starts to jerk..and it does change gears just at 2500..what do u think the problem is???:confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts