TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my bird kicking out an error code for a while, and I finally got to buying and replacing the 02 sensor in the left exhaust manifold. After finishing, it was much to my surprise to see my check engine light kick back on after startup. To get to the jist of it, my car is kicking out code # 159 MAF higher or lower than expected... possibly indicating a bad MAF sensor. Also, my car has a hesitation on accelerationg from a stop. I haven't been able to get it to do it regularly, but it seems to be doing it on a light acceleration, no hesitation when I floor it from a stop. Any suggestions?

·
Administrator
8,241 Posts
Try cleaning it?

Joe

·
Registered
187 Posts
I tried cleaning mine. It didn't help much. I finally bought a new one and it cured my stalling problem.
Perch

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New MAF sensors will run about $80-150. Talk to dan Newman, you can get em I think for $100 with a $30 core or so.

Me, in all my infinite wisdom however... I went and bought some parts cleaner, got home, popped the hood to go pull the MAF and realized... I forgot to plug the wire harness back into the MAF last time I was under the hood (ie the day I changed my O2 sensor). Moral of story, I'm a dork and always plug your harnesses back in

·
Administrator
8,241 Posts
Case closed! :D

Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts