TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Ohio TCCoA
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thanks for the pic. Glad to hear about your 13.08 @ 104
MPH. Look Forward to seeing it run again at the MN-12 nats. Still would like to go to Kentucky for the NMRA finals.

Talk to you later,
jay

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
Hey Jay

Good to hear from you. I still think there's more. Going to tune a little more yet and pray for a good air day. Tranny (specifically) torque converter is heading south though. About ready for a driveline upgrade. I think I would have already been there till now if not for that. Hopefully, I'll get there before it does go. I ran that 13.08 in 97 degree heat at the Modular Motor shootout on Saturday qualifiers. Sunday it went a 13.14 in eliminations in 101 degree heat, deep in the lights. Temps based on track slip temps. Probably somewhat accurate. Can't wait for cooler weather. The 13.08 was on a 1.79 60' launch. You ought to see that on tape. Never hardly spun, wrinkled the tires out, and ripped them going in second. I love it. Anyway, don't know about Kentucky yet. Going to wait and see what happens. later.

·
Maryland Chapter Director
189 Posts
I have that run from Sunday on video tape too. I am amazed that the trans has held up as long as it has, that thing is fast! Can't wait to see what it will do with a proper T/C and Jerry mod to the trans, you will have to get some drag radials!

Very nice car, and a couple really good runs, was great to meet you that weekend.

Guess you know that Mike V won the car show, up against all those nice Lightning trucks. At least we had our 2 birds in for the show, up against over 75 Mustangs. Hope more show up next year.

Scott

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
SCOTT, THANKS FOR

the nice comments. The only thing I've had done to that tranny was an ART CARR shift kit put in it @ around 7000 miles. Otherwise, its bone stock. Its shifted that way ever since. I get comments all the time about the shifting. I am happy to have met some of you there although I'm not very good with names or remembering who was who. You may have to e-mail me to clear that up. Anyway, considering the heat I was pleased with the car's performance. In cool air it would have run a lot better. You guys have some really beautiful rides. Glad I had a chance to see them. Can't wait to get my driveline in place. Got to go now. E-mail me. later

1 - 4 of 4 Posts