TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,290 Posts
Nice to see a NELA 'bird here in the forums!

(Bossier City for me, and a Cougar.)

RwP

Reactions: vhwork

·
Super Moderator
13,195 Posts
Welcome.

Reactions: vhwork

·
Registered
1995 4.6 LX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got her home today! I'll post up some pics tomorrow. I am super excited with its condition. I don't feel that it'll need much to get to 92%. Probably never be 100 lol.

·
Registered
1995 4.6 LX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well here she is, already up on ramps lol. Before I got it the had replaced the power steering pump and the upper hose but didn't bother with to replace the lower hose. Guess which one decided to leak. The new hose was in the trunk but the oil filter makes it really tricky to get in. I'll probably take it to a shop tomorrow. The interior is pretty great aside from a tear on the driver's seat. I'd love to get some super coupe seats up front but we'll see. After the hose is put in, the first thing I plan to do is get the door hinges straight, the sag is pretty extreme, and is wearing away the metal at the top of the car on both the driver and passenger side. BUT! I love it. Before the power steering fluid all leaked out it was super smooth, ran and shifted great. I am excited to get started on this.
20201122_134437.jpg

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Welcome, car looks great!

Just swap the left front and right rear wheels. and you'll be all set, lol! They are directional wheels. When rotating, tell the tire shop to do a straight front to back rotation.

There is a Dorman kit for the door hinges. It is an involved job, takes at least one day, and you may have to have some material added with a welder and re-drill the hole, I did. There should be a write-up on here. Can't buy the whole hinge, nor would you want to, that is even a bigger job.

You will also need a new Dorman door striker. Surprised the passenger door would sag. Could be the strikers have needed replaced for a long time.

Al

·
Registered
1995 4.6 LX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am really surprised the passenger side door sags too, it looks like no one ever sat in the passenger seat or the back seats. It is crazy clean in there. Driver's seat, again, is kinda rough on the door side "bolster" area. And the plastic around the base of the drivers seat is busted as well. Would any of you know where I might find the bezel that goes around the door keypad? I've done a quick search and haven't come up with anything so far.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts