TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious about the 2000 up GTPs.. Do their trans have the woes of the 1997 - 1999 or do things get better?

I just received a solid amount of money and now I am considering a GTP. I know there are some owners who come to this site so any help would be great!!

Also, was insurance more on the GTP than your T-Bird?

Thanks,

John

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
A buddy of mine has an 01, he has broke a little bit of everything on it, but then again he could break an anvil. I suggest 98 markVIII LSC's to alot of people, as far as insurance goes the newer the vehicle like this the more it will cost you.
Alan

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
As far as insurance goes, I have full coverage on the GTP ($840) and PLPD on the Bird ($435), so not much comparison there. I'm sure the L67 tacks on a few bills to the insurance of a newer GTP. To all the Super Coupe guys, does the s/c jack up your rates?

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jack K said:
1) do you really want FWD?

2) Put the money away to use on a home purchase.
I had a blast test driving one today :D

2) I'm considering that too, depends on how long the T-Bird lasts.

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
dirtyd0g said:
but then again he could break an anvil
Alan
Sounds like my brother . . . only person I know that has busted a Ford Tempo

in answer to the original question though, I may have to agree with the statement to just keep driving the bird. I know it's tempting to look for a new car (I know I'd love to have a new one), but saving it for a house may be a really good piece of advice. Just my 0.02. :zdunno:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts