TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doin new springs and shocks, and I've noticed i've got TRW? LCA's... I bought the car with 38k or so... also the tie-rod ends have grease fittings... these didn't come with grease fittings stock, did they? ???????

·
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone? I didnt know stock tie rod ends had greese fittings? TRW LCA's??? Stock?

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
I don't think TRW LCAs are stock. It would be a ford part. They were probably replaced at one time. I got Moog replacement tie rod ends and both came with grease fittings. The OEM ones did not.

·
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't see why they replaced those suspension items below 38k... car was never in an accident... maybe they hit something and just replaced both parts.. Very wierd... Only tie rod ends and LCA's. BTW I got that bolt out... "One last hit, and im just gonna replace the LCA... *BAM* *ding ding ding* the bolt hits the floor, I go insane with happiness, mixxed with the previous frustration. Now for the rears! Fronts would have been easy, if it wasn't for that LCA - shock bolt. Good thing tbirdchick sent me new ones.. =)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
AnthraxBird said:
I'm doin new springs and shocks, and I've noticed i've got TRW? LCA's... I bought the car with 38k or so... also the tie-rod ends have grease fittings... these didn't come with grease fittings stock, did they? ???????
My '96 T-Bird and '97 Mark VIII both have grease fittings on the tie rod ends from the factory - they're the *only* grease fittings that come factory stock on the cars.

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
Al_Florida said:
I don't think TRW LCAs are stock. It would be a ford part. They were probably replaced at one time. I got Moog replacement tie rod ends and both came with grease fittings. The OEM ones did not.
I purchased my car new,and it had TRW upper arms on it,and the lowers also have TRW marking on them.
JL

·
Registered
249 Posts
Federal Mogul makes many of the factory front end parts for ford for our cars. TRW and Moog are part of Federal Mogul. All my stock front control arms were TRW and my tie rod ends had zerk fittings factory too

·
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, so i guess the front end hasn't been done. When I start hearing noises I guess it's time to get new ones. =P Upper and lowers still work great.. boot's aren't cracked or anything. Thanks guys!

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Johnny Langton said:

I purchased my car new,and it had TRW upper arms on it,and the lowers also have TRW marking on them.
JL
Checked my old LCAs again and they DO say TRW. I didn't notice it before. :leftright But my old tie rod ends didn't have grease fittings. If they came from the factory like that, then mine were replaced before I got the car.

·
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I always thought ford wouldn't want you to grease anything... i thought they just wanted us to buy their high-priced parts and have to go though their crappy parts dealers... =P

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Now you're catchin on. ;)

·
Registered
793 Posts
AnthraxBird said:
"I always thought ford wouldn't want you to grease anything..."

They want you to grease something....Their pockets !

:uppoint: :uppoint: :uppoint:
Sideoiler

1 - 12 of 12 Posts