TCCoA Forums banner

Hey, I'm new here and I have a few questions!

978 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  dDUBb 
#1 ·
Hello TCCoA members my nams is brett but everyone calls me Bo (🏹,🎀, etc.). I had a 95 crown vic with the good ol 4.6 i bought for 700$ on craigslist and had the thing for like 4 years or so. But sad news... The headgasket finally blew. Good news is i just sold it for 800$ today. And im in the market looking to buy a 1994-1995 mercury cougar xr7 with the 4.6L. I always loved the oldschool cougars but i dont have money to buy one and unfortunately probably never will lol. So the 1994/5 is the next best thing for me. Now when ever i buy a car the first things i do is intake piping, exhaust, and then cam. After that i lower and put wheels on it. Now my first question is, whats the oem intake tubing size? My next question is whats the full exhaust layout from the headers to the tips? And the pipe sizes? I love in California so everyone probably knows that our laws here ******* suck when it comes to anything that makes ppl happy or just fun lol. And finally can you all give me some camshaft recommendations. And also i want to put a procharger on it in the future. So what supporting mods should be done first? And how much money do you guys think that would end up costing?

#2 ·
Hey there. The stock exhaust pipe diameter is 2 inches. You have a pipe and a catalytic converter from each side of a 4.6 V8 into a third catalytic converter that Y pipes the two pipes into a single outlet. From there its single pipe until it gets behind the rear end where it y pipes back into a muffler on each side.

#4 ·
Ok cool thanks bro. Are you in California? Do you know if it would be legal (smog wise) to use a single in dual out muffler instead of that second y pipe & 2 mufflers? Or would it be better to run the 2 mufflers like the oem setup?

Modifying a car you do not own yet.. 😬

Any interest in a 94 SC 5 speed in 408 over a 4.6 XR7 ? Its a beat down POS on Non-op, but it has potential. 😂
Lol i like to plan way ahead! Just so i can prepare myself to be flat broke for a while lol. And i would buy your SC but my friend already has one. So i kinda want something different. Plus i kinda always liked the cougar. Just whenever i had money i could never find one!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.