1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
811 Posts
The bumper will be some work, but it can be fixed. Check out you local auto body store and see if they have a special compound that you can smooth after you get it as smooth as possible. As for the other issue, go kick you body guy in the head. Pull it off and scrape that crap off then get some good 3M double sided tape.

my $.02

·
Registered
499 Posts
tsbird1994 said:
A new bumper is out of the question cuz I don't have the money.
If you were closer i would have just given you the extra one sitting in my garage. As for the skirts, i would try and find the sc mounting hardware and redo them using those.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Also, it is an sc bumper right? What's the condition? What model year is it for? Will it fit my 92? (I have a 94 front but 92 rear) I'm a boob noob and I don't know jack, but I do love sc bumpers!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I may use kitty hair on the inside to re-enforce it, and then see what I can do about filling the cracks with Flexible Bondo.

Sound good? .... anyone ever work with kitty hair before? I work at a marina so fiberglassing is easy for me, but we usually use a VERY heavy weave of glass.

Lemme know what you guys think!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Trust me, they don't touch my good cougar. Havn't had to touch my bad cougar. But if we got a beater that's pretty much the repair kit.
Seriously though, the bondo stuff works good. I had some misfortune and had a very small hole in my front bumper and it worked really well with it, blended perfect and it's been almost a year and is holding fine.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
sounds like you had better luck than i did....i went out and bought the expensive stuff intending to fill my Licence plate bracket holes, and then my car burned.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
rd because i didnt have the time to fix it, the junkyard rebuilt it and theyre now selling it for 1500 bucks, part of me wants to go buy it back, because the work they did is well worth the money, but another part of me wants a Mark 8 or a truck. I'm going to another auction tomorrow (im a used car dealer) so ill see what happens tomorrow.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts