TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me why a car would get warmed up and then stall ? ...... okay now smarty pants ...LOL LETS SEE WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT ...HEHEHEH ......

Tony is at work ......so tell him to be nice to me for getting on this site and asking .... LOL ......(wink):D

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
If its carbed, I am going to say the choke is stuck closed. I have also heard of this symptom with clogged cats.

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heys guys, this is me! ...LOL Just got home from work. Got on here to check the forums and found this... surprised me!

Anyways I do beleive she is talking about my uncles 86 Cougar 5.0 EFI. I have been busy lately and haven't had a chance to check it out for him. So my mom, as you can see tried to get some info on her own. So anyways, whenever the car gets up to operating temp it stalls. That is actually all I know because I am having two women try and tell me whats wrong without me even seeing the car or having anymore info and expect me to know what is wrong with it. ;)

So if you guys know of any common problems with this situation let me know!

Note: they just told me that they rplaced the MAP sensor which someone told them was the problem, but wasn't.

I always tell her how much this site has helped me and stuff, so that's why she tried here.

Thanks!

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
I'd say while your mom might not know about cars, she's pretty smart to get on here...

what about the o2 sensors? They are not used in warm-up but once heated, the EEC uses them, and they could stall the engine by making it rich or lean.

Best bet is to read the codes if there are any.

·
Registered
773 Posts
First of does it start right back up? If not and it has to sit for a while. Check out the TFI unit. When it stalls pull coil wire and check for spark if none replace TFI.

·
Registered
98 Posts
tony's moms cool....she knows how to use the internet...

when i told my mom wat the address bar was, she put in out home adress....

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
could be the sator in the distributor. seen that a few times.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts