TCCoA Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before anyone starts to flame the thread on how HID blind people and should only be used in projectors or designed housings, read. Yes you are right on the glare blah blah.

Anyways. New HIDs kits designed to be plug and play kit for 9007 Bulbs are designed to operate in HIGH and Low beam mode and will allow you to pass your states inspection sticker you get at the service station.

Has anyone tried one of these kits on their cars. I am not talking about the ones that flip the bulb element up and down to give the effects of high and low beam.

But a kit like the one below. I am interested in buying, to help me with my alternator amperages, and ofcourse the looks of it. I am only looking to do the 4300k kit since it offers the best lumens and does not start to look funky going down the street.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XENON-LIGHT-HID-CONVERSION-KIT-BI-XENON-HIGH-LOW-BEAM_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1163Q7c39Q3a1Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem230289593734QQitemZ230289593734

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There are other kits But I am more interested in the one I started with.

This type of kit uses a traditional Halogen bulb as your high beam. This type of kit is generally the cheapest and is what you would find on Ebay claiming to be a bi-xenon kit. This is not a true bi-xenon kit, but if you want a cheap option and not loose your high beam function, then this is the way to go.

The Flex bulb kit is a little different then a traditional bi-xenon kit. Flex bulbs are more expensive than a single beam kit and usually run more than the halogen+HID kits as well. The one advantage of this type of kit is that you don't loose your ability to flash your high beam. This bulb physically moves to change your beam pattern and is quite effective in either warning oncoming drivers or flashing someone ahead of you.

The dual bulb Bi-xenon kit is a true bi-xenon bulb. This type of kit uses two bulbs per housing one for your low beam and one for high. This kit will be the most expensive out of all three due to the fact you have 4 hid bulbs and 4 ballasts. This kit is great for optimum light output when using your high beam function. The only draw back to this style is, when switching to your high beams the bulb will not reach full operating temp right away, it takes 1-3 sec for the bulb to be its brightest.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
nice, i like the first one, although 41 bux just for shipping is a little steep. wife likes it too, prolly get a set for the marquis, the stock headlights suck out loud.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
wow they sound like a bumper on a pinball machine lol, i wonder how loud they would be installed, hehe, prolly get a set of these next month, i like the 6000k though, the driving lights help but only by so much, thanks for the linky.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I bought the telescoping kit from VVME on ebay, they are of good quality and nothing has died so far.Although my headlight harness was wired wrong.And the pinball noise is only audible outside the car.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
yeah, i wonder how they are for longevity though. 200 clams is alot for something that may last just a few days or even months. hopefully they will make good on the warranty.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
the ones that were posted first are 157.99 plus 41 shipping, ouch! but i like this style of bulb.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
no kidding, but you gotta pay to play, lol

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Before anyone starts to flame the thread on how HID blind people and should only be used in projectors or designed housings, read. Yes you are right on the glare blah blah.
How about the fact they are illegal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.