TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know what's up with the Competition Limited Store?
Can't get an answer from them, phones aren't working as well.????
For those who have the HID Kit, do the Low/Hi beams come on separately?
I just installed this kit last weekend (ordered July 2013) and only the Hi beams are working. As soon as i turn the Light switch to on, they run on Hi and the Hi beam indicator is lit in the Cluster.! :zdunno:
Thanks for any input.

note: yes i called in before i ordered the kit (as recommended here by someone) and made sure it was wired for a 95 Bird.

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
Please detail exactly how you have it wired up.

This is how I have my MK VIII wired...

Btw... Using HID bulbs without projectors in a non HID style headlight housing will blind oncoming traffic.

-Scott

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the Diagram, but my'n came with the Harness, pre-wired plug n play style.
In regards to the oncoming traffic, i adjusted the light fairly.

·
Super Moderator
5,004 Posts
In regards to the oncoming traffic, i adjusted the light fairly.
Not possible without the focusing of the projector housing AND the cutoff for low beam operation.

Could be you got a 9004 harness instead of a 9007 harness, too. That'll cause problems.

RwP

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, can you give me a detailed explanition of how the harness is wired up or take pictures of exactly what you have connected the ballasts to?

Does My'n = the word mine?
yes, "mine".! smile. Anyway, photobucket is down for maintenance. Will get some pic's later.

Not possible without the focusing of the projector housing AND the cutoff for low beam operation.

Could be you got a 9004 harness instead of a 9007 harness, too. That'll cause problems.

RwP
yeep, 9004 vs. 9007, that may be the problem. Who knows what's up with their store, it may be closed down. Hopefully someone with the same kit will chime in. That would allow to cross reference the 3 prong connector.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
I won't lecture you about HID kits without projectors...

Difference between the 9004 & 9007 harness. May have to switch the wires on the harness to work correctly.

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I won't lecture you about HID kits without projectors...

:bowdown:

Difference between the 9004 & 9007 harness. May have to switch the wires on the harness to work correctly.

Looking at your Pic, i have (from left) Brown, White, Blue on the harness connector that goes to the factory headlamp socket. Will do some digging later and see what i come up with. Anyway, the picture should help. Thanks.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
update

so, i didn't get nowhere. All looks ok, but it isn't.! At the moment i don't want to mess with the harness till i hear from Competition Limited, or find out if they are out of business.
On the factory headlamp socket i have Red/BK (low beam) going to Brown of the HID harness, Green/BK (Hi) going to Blue and BK (-) going to White.
Maybe the relay is defective?
Here are some pictures that i took, maybe someone sees a problem within.
ttyl

1 - 9 of 9 Posts