TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Pawn Shop Pro
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a setup I tripped across on the internet. I know porkchop and Falcon will chime in with their thoughts. But I think this coud work if you just did a little fabrication to the factory light housings on the Thunderbird. Tell me what you people think....HID Setup

Anthony

·
Registered
946 Posts
I have Sylvania Xenarc HIDs on my Lightning and they are great. They're 4300K I believe. Very white and bright! Plus, they are DOT legal unlike some of the hackjob HIDs I've seen.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I was just in my friends car who has it, infact they all had them. They were all from the same company and all plug and play. They paid like 350 and choose which ones they were going to go with i.e. 4000 or 10000

One of the friends is a dealer so he gets pretty good prices.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
moved to exterior

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
The Xenarcs in Lightings, I'm fairly sure the housings are designed for the HID bulbs, as I don't think I've ever seen projectors in a lightning. Pulling the parts and sticking em on a tbird would be a bad idea, just fyi if anyone was wondering.

Those mofos are 7" tall with the shroud (which you need on there). They look kinda cool but good luck getting them onto a bird. They're Bi-Xenon and they've got a cutoff, so they would be safe/legal. Also you'd have to cover those projectors lenses up, one small rock and kiss your $700 goodbye.

Don't trust any part of the site that says you can reuse your existing wiring. Anybody who knows anything about HID knows you NEED an additional wiring harness to power your HIDs; HID has a massive current draw on startup that will eventually fry your stock wiring if you don't wire things up correctly.

I know I read somewhere on there about having blue fog ligths and them being better... this is more of that loaded BS used to talk up a product. IF you have colored fog lights, they should be yellow, not blue. When you look at the color spectrum blue and yellow are on opposite ends. When you shine yellow light into fog it has a very low refraction rate, so you see more road and less fog. When you shine blue light into fog, it has a very high refraction rate, so you see more fog and less road, hence blue = bad fog lights. more info here

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
Falcon5783 said:
Anybody who knows anything about HID knows you NEED an additional wiring harness to power your HIDs; HID has a massive current draw on startup that will eventually fry your stock wiring if you don't wire things up correctly.
[/url]

:zwthstpd: ditto on that one. i would of posted a day ago but i was waiting for the famous el to post first :)

-Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts