1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
271 Posts
I agree...anything above 6K is stupid! alittle use of the search button can go a long way :) also remember, they are illegal and you wont pass inspection with them cause you wont have a high beam

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
12000k would be like... lavender/purple/pink. You wouldn't blind anyone because the lumen output would be CRAP, you wouldn't be able to see at night for sh*t. Plus 9007 (or any rebased kit) is illegal and unsafe. K-rating (kelvins) isn't a matter of how bright a light is (that's lumen output). The higher or lower the lumens are, the brighter/dimmer the bulb will be. K-rating is the color of the bulb, anything under 4100k is yellow, 4100-4300k is white, 4300-6000 is light blue, then dark blue, purple, and then pink I believe. The brightest light (lumen output) will be from a bulb with 4100-4300k rating. The further you stray from 4300k the less light your bulbs will put out

trife86 said:
I dont think it will be too bad as long as aim'ed properly, im looking to get a kit in the next few months
Don't buy one, do a search and you'll see why. If not I'll be more than interested in ranting for 10 minutes about how stupid those kits really are :D

·
Registered
871 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Falcon5783 said:
12000k would be like... lavender/purple/pink. You wouldn't blind anyone because the lumen output would be CRAP, you wouldn't be able to see at night for sh*t. Plus 9007 (or any rebased kit) is illegal and unsafe. K-rating (kelvins) isn't a matter of how bright a light is (that's lumen output). The higher or lower the lumens are, the brighter/dimmer the bulb will be. K-rating is the color of the bulb, anything under 4100k is yellow, 4100-4300k is white, 4300-6000 is light blue, then dark blue, purple, and then pink I believe. The brightest light (lumen output) will be from a bulb with 4100-4300k rating. The further you stray from 4300k the less light your bulbs will put out

Don't buy one, do a search and you'll see why. If not I'll be more than interested in ranting for 10 minutes about how stupid those kits really are :D
A Local kid has a 6k HID on his cougar, Yes they are very bright if hes behind me, not its not blinding but it is very bright. so thats why im up for them when i get funds up.

I dont see them as bad as alot of people say

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
6000k (not 6k, 6k = 6000. 6000kelvin, or 60kk :tongue: ) 6000k would be brighter than 12000k but not as bright as 4300k. If you wanna put em on, beware of any ticket happy cops. And if you get in a wreck at night, you WILL take blame for having them installed. HID xenon bulbs are not something to play with willy nilly, keep that in mind. If you install em, go for it, but I as well as a bunch of people will probably b*tch and call you a ricer (cause yes, that IS who isntalls rebased xenon bulbs)

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I actually just bought a set of hella optilux 1182 projector lights(falcon please tell me those are good lights) I got them for 10 green backs. Don't give me that "just search noob" bullshight because I did. I know how. I read Falcon's hid sticky, I know about the "ebay hid kits", but I just didn't know if those were a rare deal or something. I don't know anything other than what I've read here, and the sticky. But, anyway I got the hella projectors, so hopefully they're good. HAPPY THANKSGIVING @SSHOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
871 Posts
jesusraybrown said:
HAPPY THANKSGIVING @SSHOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are are just trying to give you advise - don't ask questions if you don't want our input.

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
jesusraybrown said:
I actually just bought a set of hella optilux 1182 projector lights(falcon please tell me those are good lights) I got them for 10 green backs. Don't give me that "just search noob" bullshight because I did. I know how. I read Falcon's hid sticky, I know about the "ebay hid kits", but I just didn't know if those were a rare deal or something. I don't know anything other than what I've read here, and the sticky. But, anyway I got the hella projectors, so hopefully they're good. HAPPY THANKSGIVING @SSHOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hella = :thumbsup:

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Carlover007 said:
We are are just trying to give you advise - don't ask questions if you don't want our input.
:rolleyes: Calm down. I was just giving you shight. I know, I know. I knew it was a stupid question, I just wanted to know about that particular kit. You made me go advanced to show I'm smiling. I aint mad atcha. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.