TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stumbled upon Shawn's member page while doing an internet search when I ran across this website. I thought it is a really well put together site within the TCCoA website. I may be wrong but, to my knowledge there is no direct link to the members pages from within the website.

http://members.tccoa.com/shawn40th/

If you have a members page, or know of any other member pages hidden within the site please post the link here.

If you know of a directory of members pages please post that link. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
The readers rides page had many links to member pages, maybe it exists via archive.org....I almost remember that page with the blue background but not quite...as for the 40th registry, haven't heard from Shawn in a few years...he's a good guy who last I heard was living in LA driving a vette working on becoming a filmmaker.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
This site doesn't look like its hosted on TCCoA servers.. http://squide.com/thunderbird . Its one of many early sites that looks abandoned and forgotten. I believe that my site is one of the very few that are MN12 related that is updated (other then the forums).

With the invention of Car Domain 10 years ago, people stopped making their own pages. I was never a big fan of Car Domain, but I used it to drive traffic to the "real" website. With Facebook, personal websites are getting even scarce. Its a shame, I think you can get better information from personal sites then with Facebook and Car Domain.

Its too bad that MN12PERFORMANCE.COM fell into the wrong hands. It is almost the holy grail of MN12 websites. I would have loved to have all of those old backlinks to my site. Instead of having all the MN12 Performance info posted on TCCoA, they should have kept the domain name going with the infromation intact.

·
Super Moderator
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The squide site isn't part of TCCoA - I'm aware of that; I was referring to Shawn's member page which very much has the look and feel of site within the TCCoA website.

Like you, I'm no fan of Car Domain or Facebook either.

·
Super Moderator
16,821 Posts
I'm a huge fan of Facebook! It's the n00b forum on steroids and keeps this site a whole lot less cluttered.

There hasn't been a site that acted as filter for tccoa since the Cougarnuts forums shut down :tongue:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts