TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I orderd 6000k hid retro kit today the ballasts are made in germany and come with a 19month warranty, and the bulbs come with a 13 month warranty. they are 2500 lumens I believe and will have that nice white with a hint of blue look.

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
congrats, i love the look of my hid's at night. they look 6000k to me but the box they came in said 8000k i prolly got the wrong bulbs whatever. post pics whenever you get em'

say goodbye to your high beams:cool:

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts
Post up some pics when you get get a chance...

Did you order the Bi-Xenon HID's (both high & low beams are HID)?

I'd love to have a set of Bi-Xenon 12000K headlights custom made for my Cat but I don't have the money nor the free time to do so right now. :(

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
stay away from 12,000k.

i got very very little light output using 10,000k bulbs but yes it was exotic looking. you will get the most light output on the ground around 4300k-4500k depending on the bulb. thats why going to 6000k is popular seeing how it still puts a great amount of lumens *light output* on the ground while looking white/hint of blue. 10,000k had very low lumens to the ground and was actually just as bright as my silverstars. yes they were blue-ish purple and exotic looking but the light put to the ground and glare was unexceptable

with 12,000k it will put out less light *lumens* to the ground than those 10,000k bulbs pictured above

i dont know if anyone makes a bi-xenon kit for our cars yet but you could fab it up yourself. i was thinking of slowing down the current after the ballasts so make them dimmer and when the high beams were engaged they would go to 100% efficiency making it look like i was high beaming someone. but the current after the ballasts can be pretty dangerous so i decided not to mess with them. also my projectors are meant for one style hid beam only "single xenon". putting in bulbs that got brighter in single xenon projectors would be too bright and cause the beam pattern on the road to look wrong. thats why they make the bi-xenon projectors so they can change the shield position on the inside of the projector to control the beam pattern.

So in conclusion:
-dont get any hid's higher than 8000k if you want the road to be brighter than your stock bulbs.

-using 10,000k bulbs will cause excessive glare and almost make road signs look flourescent like a black light bulb.

-dont use bi-xenon bulbs in single-xenon housings.

-im a lighting freak:cool:

-Mike aka "LiteBrite" aka "Porkchop"

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts
Thanks for all the info Mike but the light output isn't that necessary as my town has lighted streets and I rarely drive out of town after dark due to all the deer....I was just going for the exotic look. Surely I (or someone at one of the custom car shops around here) could come up with a way to reduce the glare of them….

Here’s a link to what I want or at least something close to it: http://gethids.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=20&catid=10

I guess I’ll have to live with my Galls 3-in-1 Wig Wag headlight ‘smart’ flashers for a while longer (3-in-1 ‘smart’ flasher meaning: Standard Wig-Wag (1.9 FPS), Fast Wig-Wag (3 FPS) and Multi-Pattern which varies the pattern). :cool:

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
hmmmm i would go with muccoluck *sp* and they are one of the best brands out there. not as perfect as philips but for 305 shipped its worth it. plus ive never heard of the company you listed.

check it out

you want exotic huh? how about 30,000k!!!! muwhahahaah

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts
McCulloch....I'll keep that in mind.

Hmmm......30,000K...we might just have a winner. ;-)

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts
I was kidding, too…..30,000K is ridiculous .

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts
LOL...I tend to have that effect on some people. :p

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i went with 6000k cause i know about all that light out put and light on the ground. I bought these from an ebay platinum power seller with a 9000+ rating and has 100% positive feed back rating. sounds like a pretty good company and that they stand behind the items they sell. the ballast's are from germany so I am pretty happy about that they make pretty good products over there. The company claims they have 2x the light output over bmw and mercedez hid's.

They are only the low beams but im not really worried about the high beams since the only time I use them is when I flash the person in front of me that isnt moving. For anyone that has seen my car they know my fog lights are bright enough to take over my high beams. I am amazed at there est delivery time from california to ny 1-3 bussiness day so I should have them in by friday and I will get some pics up in as dark of a place as I can find lol.

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts
Lookin' forward to seeing the pics. :)

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
there here guys I will put them in tonight and get some pics. I just need to test the tabs to find ground, and low beam power.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok guys they are in and look amazing. I havent been highbeamed yet so I guess thats a good thing. Only issue is they blink real quick every once in a while like maybe 25 min or so I dont know whats causing this , maybe not enough juics since they told me to put in a 20amp fuse where a 60 amp fuse used to be?

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
each ballast requires a 15amp fuse and the way you have it set up *if you followed thier directions* you should use a 30amp fuse...anything lower than that will cause the fuse to go out or flicker like you talked about.

i used a 15amp fuse seeing how the ballasts said use 15amp but i did wire them together so a 30amp fuse was necessary. i also had the flicker problem

1 - 20 of 36 Posts