TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever tapped into the "High Current Fuse Block" in the engine compartment?
This seems like a likely place to tap into a fused source. What would it take?
So far I have figured out that the box can be "uncliped" and then the bottom can be accesed by "uncliping" as well.
I was wondering if a common female crimp style wire end could be used to make contact with an unused fuse receptical, as the "unused" fuse recepticals only have the "HOT" side. The fuse making the contact running the wire out the bottom as the rest of the "factory" wires go.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
You mean the Mega fuse? I think it's 200 amps.

The Box is often referred to the Power distrbution box, and there are quite afew blank areas, heck, mine only has 4 or 5 fuses in it and spots for 10 or 12!

·
Registered
975 Posts
I put in a new horn relay for my air horn in there. I just used the female wire ends like you're probably talking about. Unfortunately, they come out if I'm not holding them in when I press in the relay. There seems to be little plastic pieces behind the rest of them, so perhaps you can buy one from the Ford place. I have yet to manage getting one of them out to see what they look like.

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,917 Posts
I haven't tapped into the box, but I've rewired a couple of sockets in the box before. I'm not versed on electrical stuff, but it stands to reason that as long as things are wired and "fused" correctly, I don't see why you couldn't add something.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
kenshi said:
I put in a new horn relay for my air horn in there.
leave it to a texan! :D :leftright j/k i havent either tapped into that box but i will be , just remember what the slot you pick is wired for, ie constant, key on, etc.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just finished my under hood light install. It went right in with no problems. I used convoluted tubing and a few factory type clips to give it a "factory" look. The female ends worked out fine. The fuse box did have the clips Kenshi was talking about.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts