TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get some high flow cats since cutouts/dumps are out of the question. I need some recommedations since I don't know anything about these things....

Iv'e heard of Catco/Magnaflow/Flowmaster..........Please help me decide.

My only stipulations are I do not want to lose my exhaust sound, I like it loud. If it gets louder, I don't care. And I cannot afford to pay more than 100 a piece.

Thanks in Advance

Dave

·
8,239 Posts
yeah catco are crapco.

Get the carsound universals on ebay as mentioned before.

I just put a carsound on my fathers van when it needed one, for a 2'' carsound I paid 55 dollars from a cat on ebay.

JH

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
I put a Catco on my mom's wagon and it's worked fine for 3 years, but then again she never even revs it past 3000rpms.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With the carsound universals, will I see any change in my exhaust sound or performance?

Just curious.

Also, since I can't weld.......I need to have them installed, anyone know any approx prices I should look at for the install, I don't want to get ripped off, and have no idea how much this should run.

Thanks Again TCCoA.

·
Registered
965 Posts
weswing04 said:
I recommend CarSound/Magnaflow cats ...you can find them on ebay for a good price :)
What he said.

Not sure what difference they make in sound volume. I paid roughly 100 for each of mine.

Eric

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
dave carsound is definitly the way to go. call lous custom exhaust in north reading. they are the best in our area and there prices arent to bad either.

Frank

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's where I was planning on going, I was just curious as to a price to install them, Iv'e been to too many places that rip ya off. I got quoted 450 to install Flowmaster Cats (incl. parts).....I said uh...ok.......Call you back on that one.

**** THAT!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Flowmaster Cats? Flowmaster only makes mufflers, correct me if im wrong, but u might wanna check what u had installed if u have flowmaster cats

-Hode

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ahh, u got a quote on flowmaster cats, well either way, flowmaster dont make cats!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts