TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any noticeable difference with high flow cats? I need to replace mine soon, and they are the same price as the OEM replacement.

·
Super Moderator
7,695 Posts
It depends what other mods you have whether you'll notice the difference, but they do flow better than the stock pieces. Also I have found the high-flow cats to usually be cheaper than factory replacement ones, and since they clean the exhaust just as well, there's really no reason not to get them.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I was suggested to get the magnaflow spun ceramic high flow cats. Roughly double the price but are supposidly much better than conventional high flow cats.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
has anyone with high flow cats ever threw a catalyst below efficiency code?

·
Banned
377 Posts
my di/do goes on tuesday......i too will eventually be getting the high flow cats....lonnies xcal2 tune offers the rear 02 sensors to be disabled.....so even if some members have thrown a code from the cats 02 sensors the tune would take care of that.....as for without the tune, well i dont know....the sensors monitor heat from the cats, being the high flow ones are indeed "high flow" that may effect the heat range....so it might be hit and miss with the CEL on that.

·
5,650 Posts
The only reason this might happen is if the new cat fails or if you put a non-CA cat on a CA car. Otherwise high-flowing cats are usually more efficient at cleaning up the exhaust than factory ones.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It came in today, and it looks amazing, looks ALOT less restrictive than a stock unit, especially at the drivers side cat and the y pipe by the 3rd cat.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It was $285, free shipping no tax. No discount code needed. I put a discount code in, but it just raised the price since i guess these are on clearance. They havent been sitting around also, build date on mine was Jan. 2008. Heres a direct link to it
https://www.performancepeddler.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=MAG23343

An oem replacement at Autozone costs 290, plus with tax its about 310-315 in the end, so your saving anyway you cut it.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
i didnt know magna made a catted Y for the mn12 that may become a hot item around here

·
Banned
377 Posts
thats a cool setup.....look at them nice mandrel bends.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Wow that does look good. What size are the pipes before and after the third cat if you don’t mind measuring?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Im pretty sure they are 2.25in all the way around, I think stock between the precats and 3rd were 2in stock. For this to be a direct fit like it says, thats what it has to be. Ill measure when I get home from work to be sure.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts