TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,looking for some help. when i cold start the bird it idle's higher than it used to, around 1400 rpm's and won't go down even if i tap the gas.. i did some searching and tested the iac.started it up and pulled the hose off of it. engine died out, which from what i've read is supposed to happen. could it be the TPS? or something else.car drives runs fine otherwise.thx in advance.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
check the actual idle with a scanner at autozone, the factory tach isn't very accurate

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm fairly sure it's high,it sounds like it because my WOT jams are shifting where they should.

·
Super Moderator
12,021 Posts
It's normal for the car to idle high until it warms up. Mine does the same thing.

See THIS THREAD.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes, but it never used to do this only in the last couple of month's i've just been to lazy to start a post on it...i guess i'll live with it for now.

·
Registered
874 Posts
try cleaning the IAC with carb cleaner ( idle air control valve ) while your doing that make sure you disconnect your battery so the computer resets itself. the reason for this is so the computer relearns and adjusts to the IAC's new function for the correct idle instead of the computer replaying the original function. this only really happens when theres a alot of carbon build up in the IAC. so try that see if it helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts