TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother told me last night that a friend of my grandfather's has a 93 Mark VIII for sale for $3000. What i heard its in overall good condition but has 143,000 on it. I think i can get my grandfather to loan me the money for it so i can get rid of my incredibly unreliable S10.

My question is, is a Mark VIII with that many miles worth the money? What could go wrong with it then? and how long will it last? Could it got 200,000 + miles without many problems.

I was told the owner was an elderly man and its mostly highway miles.

Oh yeah, its black.

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
tbirdfive0 said:
My brother told me last night that a friend of my grandfather's has a 93 Mark VIII for sale for $3000. What i heard its in overall good condition but has 143,000 on it. I think i can get my grandfather to loan me the money for it so i can get rid of my incredibly unreliable S10.

My question is, is a Mark VIII with that many miles worth the money? What could go wrong with it then? and how long will it last? Could it got 200,000 + miles without many problems.

I was told the owner was an elderly man and its mostly highway miles.

Oh yeah, its black.
My friend just got a 1993 with 117k On it for $3000, pretty ironic. The car runs strong as hell... find out who maintained it. If it was dealer maintained and elderly driven, I bet its a gem... One thing with these Fords, milage doesnt matter if you have the knowledge and what it takes to fix them. I think you could get a newer Bird with less milage for around 3k, there are people out there practically giving these cars away...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts