TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
noticed it after i changed my t-stat. coming from the back passenger side. it goes away with a lil trottle, but returns when at idle. what could it be. i did a search and a similar thing happend with a 94....he had a problem with his IAC tube....he was told that 94-95's had a prob. with that tube...and there was an updated one avail. i assume that my 96 4.6 has the updated tube. What could it be!!!

·
Registered
298 Posts
check for vacuum leaks, there are a few vacuum lines back there. If you have access to a stethoscope, use it or just a length of tubeing in your ear.
Other than that it could be a bit of air trapped in the coolant system which will work it's way out eventually.
Hope this helps out.

Scott

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
There is a pretty substancial "T" fitting on the drivers side of the manifold back there. I would bet it dry rotted and split

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm not sure but i might be having the same noise on my Cougar, There is a high pitch hissing comming from the engine bay. i think that i have the noise narrowed down to comming from the bottom of the engine. might be the manifold. i know that the gasket has a small pinsize hole in it, but could that be causing it. it only makes the noise when the car is in park. as soon as i put it in gear it stops, even without any throtle. could it really be from the pinsize hole in the gasket or could it be somthing other than hoses. cause it wil cost a pretty penny to get that gasket replaced. when i took it to my mechanic he told me that it was such a small part that it wouldn't be worth spending the money to replace it as of now. but any other opinions are more than welcome, sorry for the long thread and for cutting in on CougarXR7Man's thread. thanks for the help.
MercCat_XR7

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
after listening and messin around...it sounds like its coming from the injectors and today, while sitting in traffic...the cat started to shake just a little and it sounded like it was missing, or acting like it was going to die....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts