TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hit a curb and car pulls left

So I hit a curb today and trashed my rim but my tire is ok but now I have to hold the wheel like 20 degrese to the right to go straight and I cant go above 50 orelse it is hard to hold onto. any idea what bent or is broken? lower control arm?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so do I need a new one or can I just get it realigned?

·
Resident drifter
649 Posts
you will probably need a new one, and for sure an alignment. have someone check it out. it could me something more serious like a lower control arm, but it is most likely a tie rod, from what you described

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Same thing happened to me a month a half ago. Had to turn the wheel 20 or more degrees to go strait. Ended up being I had bent the spindle and busted a lower ball joint. Have it checked out and get a alignment.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
If you hit a curb (median) with the left wheel, is it possible for the affected part to make the car pull to the right when braking?

Al

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yup i bent the spindle. well its off to the junk yard. what all cars can I get the spindle off of?

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
For the spindle any 93+ MN12/Mark VIII will work. If you have ABS make sure you get one from an ABS car. If you don't have ABS, any will work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts