TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today July 3, 2009 at around 4pm my wife was involved in a hit and run accident with the Saturn. She was turning left onto Manchester Rd coming off of Veterans Way in Forked River, NJ. She looked both ways and there were no cars started to make the turn and a car must have came out of a shopping plaza that is right next to that road. Then the person hit her in the drivers side rear of the car, then took off twards the Garden State Parkway. My wife is ok (minus some bruising and soreness), which is the most important part, however the car is tweaked. The body panels on that side are broke(plastic) and the rear tire looks like this "/". The tire took a big part of the hit and I have yet to get under it to look at it to see if there is structrual damage.

I WANT THE PARTY RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS!!!! The car was a medium to dark green 4 door sedan, which my wife told me looks like a Grand Prix. It was a male ~17-25. ANYONE that can provide information into this please email me at sousa632 AT gmail DOT com, or contact the Lacey Township police department directly at 609-693-6636. I appreciate any help I can get.

That being said this is the damage to the car and the corner where the accident happened. I will be contacting the Wawa across the street to see if they have a camera that faces the road.

WHere it happened:

The damage(looks worse in person)

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately no word, and honestly I really dont se them catching this person onlybecause there were no serious injuries(although I did take my wife to the hospital for bumps and bruises/soreness). The officer told my wife at the scene "well now we wait to see if the person has a concience(sp?) and turns themselves in". And that is why I have no confidence in the police finding anything. I'm not even taking this up with my insurance company because I dont have comp/collision(50/100/35 liability only), and looking through my policy they wont cover any of the damages done to my car.

The good thing about the saturn is that the door skin and 1/4 panels are held on by a few torx screws and 7mm bolts so they can be replaced very easily. I will have to go junk yarding when I have the money to, but in the meantime I was able to get it back into some sort of shape that doesnt look horrible. I also went though the entire suspension and everything checked out good. After taking it for a 'spirited' run on the highway and curvy/bumpy roads, it still rides good with no issues. I will have to take it in for ANOTHER alignment(did one 2 months ago) but that's all. Just sucks now that I have to take this money out of my pocket to fix this.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I use firestone’s lifetime alignment on all the cars we plan on keeping for a long while.
What type of Saturn is it year make model looks like a late 90’s or early 00 sw series

1 - 4 of 4 Posts