TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went to see Dennis and got a chip,going 120 is an awesome feeling.He programmed it for the stock MAF but I have the 02 sitting here waiting to go on.I am putting 4;10s in so I said to Dennis just to wait to re-burn it once I had all the mods done,saves running back and forth.But the car is totally different.I am hoping to get the 4;10s and different drive shaft in this week-end but it maybe next.I will keep you all posted on how it goes.
Thanks Dennis.
Chris

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
You will need a pretty good driveshaft to do 120mph with 4:10s.

At that speed you'll be at 4400rpms, and your driveshaft will be spinning at 6200rpms. Not sure a mark 8 one-piece is that good. But Dennis probly already told you that and your getting a Metal Matrix from him....

·
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have that taken care of.....

GreenBird said:
You will need a pretty good driveshaft to do 120mph with 4:10s.

At that speed you'll be at 4400rpms, and your driveshaft will be spinning at 6200rpms. Not sure a mark 8 one-piece is that good. But Dennis probly already told you that and your getting a Metal Matrix from him....
Nope,I didnt get the Metal Matrix from Dennis.Actually I am taking the Dennys Driveshaft out of my Mark VIII along with the 4:10s that only have about 2000 miles on before I blew my tranny.
Anyone upgrading to 4:10s should get an upgraded driveshaft.A Mark VIII is good for stock applications but shouldnt be really used with 4:10s.But they are far superior then that steel thing that is in there now.Dennis had one laying there today and our driveshafts are embarrasing.It looks almost like muffler pipe,how sad huh?
Chris

·
Registered
164 Posts
gears/drive shaft

I just got my 4:10 gears in the mail today and im so amped to put em in. Where should i get the better drive shaft, how much and how long would it take to get here. Im in Seattle. Thanx

Jesse

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Re: gears/drive shaft

5150Bird said:
I just got my 4:10 gears in the mail today and im so amped to put em in. Where should i get the better drive shaft, how much and how long would it take to get here. Im in Seattle. Thanx

Jesse
up... up... just a little

;) dennis can hook you up with the metal matrix shaft. not sure if he also carries the Dennys shaft that Chris speaks of though.

·
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Re: gears/drive shaft

J-Rob said:

up... up... just a little

;) dennis can hook you up with the metal matrix shaft. not sure if he also carries the Dennys shaft that Chris speaks of though.
No,Dennis doesnt stock or sell Dennys Driveshafts.I bought mine back in late April and went in early May.Do a search on this because I know I posted all the info that was needed on here before.
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
184 Posts
the driveshaft at reinharts

That shaft is probably my old one.
I had him put in a spare mark 8 shaft while he was doing the gears.
the mark 8 shaft held up good at high speeds (120+)
but the tranny only lasted two days

·
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: the driveshaft at reinharts

ruffledfeathers said:
That shaft is probably my old one.
I had him put in a spare mark 8 shaft while he was doing the gears.
the mark 8 shaft held up good at high speeds (120+)
but the tranny only lasted two days
Sorry to hear about your tranny.Yeah,it was yours laying on the floor that I was looking at.I know I had my Mark VIII up to 140 with the stock driveshaft so I doubt if you will have any problems.
I am looking into a 5-speed because I just dont feel like dealing with the auto any more.I am sure that will hold up to what I want.
Good luck on the tranny.
Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts