TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys well I am at a loss and am kind of embarrased to ask this but I can not find my oil dipsitck on my 3.8 cougar. I found the trans dipstick in the back near the fire wall on the passanger side but I have looked pretty hard to see if I can find it and no luck. I know this is such a newb question lol but I just am having no luck.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Drivers side between the valve cover and the shock tower.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok well is it possible that mine is missing? lol cause its not there , this cant be good. atleast im not blind or stupid I was strarting to doubt myself here.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol nope nothingggggg. only thing that says engine oil is the cap on the valve cover lol. my oil pressure is always on the high side could the hole be pluged?? I do have a really minor oil leak that I cant trace maybe this is the culprit. In that pic it looks like its bolted to the front of the manifold? I have a bolt hole and the metal is bare(no black paint).

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok well I feel like the worlds largets moron right now!!! I found it , the speaker for my alarm was leaning over it so it was actually inside the top of the siren lol. ok now everyone point and laugh:rofl:

·
Texas Chapter Director
5,173 Posts
thewishkah said:
ok well I feel like the worlds largets moron right now!!! I found it , the speaker for my alarm was leaning over it so it was actually inside the top of the siren lol. ok now everyone point and laugh:rofl:

I was going to ask that since mine is the same way but figured mine was the only one like that.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
yeah don't feel like a moron I've done things just like that just so your not the only one to feel like a moron. after I installed my engine we went to crank it and nothing. we spent 3 hours trying to diagnose the problem. After 3 hours I put my hand on the main connector on the driverside firewall, I didn't plug it in all the way! DOH

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts
Haha....I've done something close to the same thing on my buddy's '94 Bird.

·
Registered
64 Posts
my dipstick is really lose and if your not careful pulling out the dipstick, the tube tries to pull out of the hole its in...lol

·
Registered
466 Posts
When I had my 93 mustang I did a motor swap in it and i tried cranking it and went throgh all the wiring for about a week then i realized I didnt hook up the battery in the trunk....Thats something to point and laugh at. lol

·
Registered
64 Posts
Birdman232 said:
When I had my 93 mustang I did a motor swap in it and i tried cranking it and went throgh all the wiring for about a week then i realized I didnt hook up the battery in the trunk....Thats something to point and laugh at. lol

haha thats quite funny...when my uncle did the headgaskets on my SC, he was smoking a bunch of weed when he was doing it, and he put the motor together with out the push rods and rocker arms, and couldn't figure out why the car wouldn't start for a couple of days:eek: :eek: :eek: LOL...i'll never let him live it down...and the moral of this story is, thats why i dont smoke, lol

·
5,650 Posts
Well since we're sharing stories here, I worked on a Chevy Camaro and to get to the distributor bolt, I found it easier to disconnect the coil as well as the fuel injector connectors (since stupid GM has it at the back of the engine). Anyways, I loosen the bolt, plug everything in, set the timing, unplug the things and tighten the bolt, then put it all back together. I take it for a test drive and it had NO power!! I'm like "WTF?!?". I start tracing out the plugs/wires, do all this diagnostic crap only to find that I forgot to plug back in the fuel injectors.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I'll throw out my screw-up story.

Was doing some stereo work on mine, got a diffrent amp for the sub. After myself and my dad had hooked up all the wires, and went to test it, all the sub would do was one good hit, then it fell off to virtually nothing. 'Bout 20 mins later, I remark "I wonder, it is possiable to blow a fuse part way?" his responce was that it wasn't likely. We even pulled the fuse and visually checked it, and it looked fine. 3 hours later, we had thought we diagnosed the head unit was shot. I finally made the comment. "Well, just for grins and giggles, lets change that fuse" We swapped it for a brand new one, and boom, the sub worked. As it came to be, the new amp was less powerful than the old one. So three hours of a frustrating search for either a defective wire, or broken part, and all it was was a blown fuse. We both felt like idiots, cursed that cheap fuse, put the old amp back in, and turned in for the night.

Morale of the story: Always, ALWAYS check the fuse, and a visual examination won't cut it

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
I am perfect and never once have screwed anything up, you all are stupid.

:tongue: Just kidding I screw **** up all the time

1 - 18 of 18 Posts