TCCoA Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
"Oh no, I feel the engine running. That's terrible!" Pansies...

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
"Oh no, I feel the engine running. That's terrible!" Pansies...

Just maybe they want something that they paid over 30k for to be right ,I know I would . And that is not being a pansie or anything else.

·
Super Moderator
17,039 Posts
Funny that they're now reporting LESS than 100 complaints. Contrary to the "more than 100 complaints" of the original article. Gotta love yellow journalism.

By the way, have any of the 95 people actually gone to the dealership and have this checked out before calling their attorneys? You know, it says right here:

NHTSA says Ford told dealers how to fix the issue but hasn't alerted owners. NHTSA investigations often lead to recalls.
So take it to the ****ing dealership, describe the problem and have them fix it dumbasses!!!

Also interesting:

Ford owners in Ohio and Louisiana recently sued Ford in federal court, claiming the EcoBoost engine is defective because it loses power during acceleration.
So...

Whiners with bad gas: Owner puts in 87 at Uncle JoeBobs ethyl hut - Owner goes WOT - EEC senses knock - EEC pulls timing - engine goes into limp mode - loss of acceleration.

Whiners with good gas: Owner goes WOT in the rain like a jackass - ABS sensors detect wheelspin - EEC pulls timing - brakes applied are applied - loss of acceleration.

:eek:

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
it does not matter how much the vehicle cost! Period the reason I say this is its a performance truck with turbos the spark plugs will not take the usuall 90 plus thousand miles I'm seeing them make almost 60k miles it only normal wear if plugs changed at 30k problem solved, it's not a issue, people are buying a hotrod truck it take more normal maintence, period, and as said before there is a fix for the issue if they would just carry it to the dealer, but it's prolly a recall only if your truck has the problem as they all do not encounter this problem, and I know first hand from running a blower alot of years that not everytime u gun it, it's not gonna be perfect as its much harder for a plug to fire under higher cylinder pressures, also with over 400,000 trucks and 95 complaints that's what less than 1 percent isant it

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Forgive me for even starting this thread , The wife is in the market for a Ecoboost and we were just wondering about the issues .

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Darren if Ford know how to fix it I wouldn't worry, I'd figure most new vehicles already have the fix.

As for the cause I lean toward operator in that most people are not accustomed to dealing with boosted vehicle.

I'd be more concerned about the Super Duty steering issue than this. We recently had a friend get his F350 totaled because of it, Ford did give him a new vehicle (he chose a HD Silverado though, can't say I blame him).

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Well it's just a boosted motor reacts differently, I've researched this some today I've seen 0 issues on sho forums I've only found the issues on the 11-12 f150, and I've been told the 13s had the fix from locals here, but from my knowledge and customers with these trucks in our area do not have the problem so I guess it's weather related

Darren the thread is fine ill put it another way u know how u are getting to much meth and making the car hiccup well same type of issue but ford has the technology to cut power when this happens does not mean the truck still doesn't run and drive normal it's just not gonna go full throttle, as the systems today are very advanced, the technology is pretty sweet but it's getting to the point were u need the ford diagnostics or a high end scan tool like I have which I have just over 10 grand in

Hope this clears up the confusion
Ecoboost v6 is what I referring to I'm unaware of the 4 cylinder models but I've read good things and great mileage

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well it's just a boosted motor reacts differently, I've researched this some today I've seen 0 issues on sho forums I've only found the issues on the 11-12 f150, and I've been told the 13s had the fix from locals here, but from my knowledge and customers with these trucks in our area do not have the problem so I guess it's weather related

Darren the thread is fine ill put it another way u know how u are getting to much meth and making the car hiccup well same type of issue but ford has the technology to cut power when this happens does not mean the truck still doesn't run and drive normal it's just not gonna go full throttle, as the systems today are very advanced, the technology is pretty sweet but it's getting to the point were u need the ford diagnostics or a high end scan tool like I have which I have just over 10 grand in

Hope this clears up the confusion
Ecoboost v6 is what I referring to I'm unaware of the 4 cylinder models but I've read good things and great mileage
Thank you Robert , Hope that we can get the hiccups cured that will help a great deal , Had the same problem Sunday, Linda asked me you want a new Eco truck?
:eek: No I am very happy with my 2 birds, The Edge is what she is liking . I remember that HUGE scan tool , WOW Big money tool.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
I'd love to have a truck but there's no way I can afford it along with the sho, my truck does just fine only 60k miles it tows just fine it's not a big power house like the ecoboost truck, but it's cool I got a buddy with the one I modded I can drive it if need be

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Our Flex has had issues and not with the engine. I have had it burp once when getting into it and scared the snot out of me, get outta the throttle and all was well but nothing otherwise.

And it runs fine on 87. Prefers 93 with the tune but expect that. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Forgive me for even starting this thread , The wife is in the market for a Ecoboost and we were just wondering about the issues .
my mom has had her Escape for almost two weeks and loves it! SE model with the MyTouch stereo and 2.0L motor, its a lot of fun to drive.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
I had to go to a class for direct injection vehicles and problems associated with it. They were saying you have to take care to clean the valves more frequently, since the injector does not spray on the valves. Well, the spray in the intake, but it still hits the valve to clean in it. DI sprays in the cylinder so carbon will build up on the valve causing rough idle and miss fire. They said so far there was no easy way to clean them. They told us the dealerships are havering to pull intake manifolds off and us a wooded pick and knock off the carbon by hand. Some cars as low as 10K miles.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Rbrown the hiccup was a plug breaking down under boost I went thru this after adding my blower 10 years ago I thought hey this thing is fast then about 10k miles later its got a slight hesitation hmm must be bad wires nope finally I pulled plugs looked great swap in a new set perfect, so we put old plugs in buddy's car and it ran perfect, what this told me is a boosted setup the plugs must be perfect we're as the old plugs worked great on a all motor setup, I was not happy at first but learned that was the downfall to boost

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Rbrown the hiccup was a plug breaking down under boost I went thru this after adding my blower 10 years ago I thought hey this thing is fast then about 10k miles later its got a slight hesitation hmm must be bad wires nope finally I pulled plugs looked great swap in a new set perfect, so we put old plugs in buddy's car and it ran perfect, what this told me is a boosted setup the plugs must be perfect we're as the old plugs worked great on a all motor setup, I was not happy at first but learned that was the downfall to boost
It sounded like it misfired in the intake and broke a rod. It was loud.
And there was no throttle response right after. Like it had to re-group for a minute after that. lol

I have had fuel pump issues though. It has cracked 3 top hats.

It is fun. I like spanking people in a 5000# vehicle with 4 people in it.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
It's a bad a$$ motor people don't realize the difference with boost it makes a small motor a monster

·
Registered
531 Posts
NHTSA says Ford told dealers how to fix the issue but hasn't alerted owners.
Regardless of the cause, this means that Ford has acknowledged that there's a problem.

Misfiring during a pass, especially if you are the leader and there are one or more cars behind you, is some scary stuff on a two-lane blacktop.

Does the misfire automatically trigger the "limp mode" on the ECM? Maybe Ford just needs to modify the code to not stay in limp mode for so long.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Well look here last I read u are not suppose to pass until the front car is already around, the truck still accelerates in limp mode I've drove one its just not balls to the wall power but its as good as any normal vehicle

·
Super Moderator
12,072 Posts
Well look here last I read u are not suppose to pass until the front car is already around, the truck still accelerates in limp mode. I've [driven] one, it's just not balls to the wall power but it's as good as any normal vehicle.
That's the truth! ~Drivers ED. 101.

Never start a pass until you're certain you can complete it; and if that's dependant on the guy in front of you getting around first then you shouldn't be attempting the pass.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
That's what I was thinking I believe the issue is the driver is used to all the extra power that a truck doesn't normally have and one hiccup and there freaking out, guys I've got a 05 5.4 3v with tune exhaust and intake and its no slouch but a bone stock ecoboost is a 14 sec track in any cab configuration u want so that's very strong, as we like to say around here u can't have everything

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Well look here last I read u are not suppose to pass until the front car is already around, the truck still accelerates in limp mode I've drove one its just not balls to the wall power but its as good as any normal vehicle
That's what I was thinking I believe the issue is the driver is used to all the extra power that a truck doesn't normally have and one hiccup and there freaking out, guys I've got a 05 5.4 3v with tune exhaust and intake and its no slouch but a bone stock ecoboost is a 14 sec track in any cab configuration u want so that's very strong, as we like to say around here u can't have everything
No. My Flex has gone into limp mode and it will not drive like a normal car. Think more in line with the brakes full on and you trying to drive. It moves but barely.

Possibly there is more than one "limp mode" and some are more severe. When mine happened it was to protect the Advance Trac. A little wrench shows on the dash. Simply turning off the vehicle (not easily done in traffic) reset the problem.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts